We make use of a wide range of information in the production of our forecasts. Globally available forecast data is employed in addition to regional proprietary nested models which are integrated into forecasts for many locations around the world.
These models utilise the well-established WWIII wave model, the shallow water SWAN model for coastal areas and the WRF model winds forcing the waves to provide highly accurate data for processing by our forecasters.
Our offshore weather service offers:
- Highly accurate weather forecasts for the world's oceans
- Site-specific onshore and offshore weather forecasts
- Extended 16-day ahead forecasts
- Long-term probability forecasts providing weather trends for planning purposes
- Additional parameters and graphics provided to suit the specific operational requirements
- Forecasts delivered via email and/or secure web services
- Office operational 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Consultation with experienced forecasters 24 hours a day for forecast queries or more detailed interpretation of site-specific weather patterns and subsequent sea conditions.
Offshore Weather Forecasting Services
We offer a complete marine weather forecast service tailored for operations in the offshore environment.
Advanced knowledge of the wind and wave conditions leads to safer, more efficient offshore operations, and potentially enormous cost savings for exploration drilling rigs, FPSOs, seismic and survey vessels, pipe-lay and construction barges, cable installation and IRM vessels.
Weather forecasts include a general synopsis and any warnings (gale, hurricane, etc.); a summary of the wind, seas, swell, existing weather and forecast weather; and an outlook for the appropriate period for wind, sea and swell supported by graphics and meteorological charts for the forecast area.
Site Specific Forecasts – We provide complete site-specific forecasts once/twice or four times daily, to support offshore operations and ports/ harbours.
Squall Warning Service –Squall Warning Service for exploration drilling, installation operations, dredging operations and FPSO tanker operations, utilising colour enhanced satellite data and near real-time lightning feed.
Route Forecasts – The towage of large structures during offshore construction and development requires accurate metocean forecasts to reduce the risk of damage and to enable the safe transportation of the structure along the tow.
Ensemble and Probability Weather Forecasts – As a long-term planning tool, we provide graphs which express the level of uncertainty in a wind and wave forecast to identify potential periods of operability according to your criteria
Onsite Weather Forecaster – Our onsite meteorologists prepare forecasts, monitor the associated weather conditions and provide onsite consultation to support operational planning.
Weather Down-time Guide – We can incorporate your operational limits and criteria into the forecast and create a colour coded matrix, with clearly identifiable weather windows.
Tropical Cyclone Warnings – If your operation site is under the threat of a tropical revolving storm, we will automatically issue warning bulletins
Insurance Weather Forecasting
To mitigate or support insurance and legal claims relating to work lost as a result of adverse weather conditions, we supply archived meteorological data or hindcasts (past weather reports) for specified locations, for the course of a project or a specified day.
We offer tailored weather forecast services that meet your requirements, utilising the most up to date technologies to provide highly accurate forecasts, ensuring operations are planned and completed safely and efficiently.
- Improved operational planning allowing your project to be delivered on time and budget
- Increased operational efficiency
- Fleet management for weather services
- Cost savings from a reduction in operational downtime
- Improved operational safety