The SEAWATCH® Wind Lidar Buoy represents the next generation of multi-purpose buoys tailored for the renewable energy industry. The buoy accurately measures the speed and direction of wind across the diameter of wind turbine rotors, whilst sensors record oceanographic parameters such as ocean waves and current profiles.
The SEAWATCH® Wind lidar Buoy is a cost-efficient way to measure wind data at heights of conventional offshore wind turbines for wind resource assessments and engineering design criteria.
- Collects data for wind resource assessments and/or for engineering design criteria
- Ocean wave height and direction
- Ocean current profiles from the surface to the seabed
- Meteorological parameters
- Measurement of other oceanographic parameters
Download the flyer for more details:
Fugro SEAWATCH® Wind Lidar Buoy