Our Fugro Roames® Virtual World Asset Management (VWAM) platform unlocks infinite opportunities for advanced asset analytics, helping you to make better asset management decisions.
Used by utility companies around the world, Fugro Roames® drives predictive maintenance and mitigation strategies, and provides insight into external factors influencing the lifetime, reliability and safety of assets, networks and the environment.
Fugro Roames® provides accurate Geo- and asset data for an essential understanding of the condition of your network’s poles, conductors and external influences.
Using Fugro Roames®, asset engineers and network program analysts can access and extract millions of records and asset attributes within seconds using a standard browser.
Asset performance management - make an informed decision
- Identify poor network design (older engineering standards, specific construction types)
- Monitor pole lean change over time
- Identify spans with potential sag or clashing issues
- Track unassisted pole failures and roll out mitigation measures
- Understand and track trends in network changes over time
Fugro Roames® calculates the vertical alignment of the 3D pole and reports the maximum lean angle.
Asset geo-database - know what's driving network change
- Understand the changing natural environment in the powerline corridor and the potential impact of storms and climate change
- Combine 3D geospatial data with detailed connectivity models to understand the impact of factors such as energy transition and electric vehicles
- Track metadata for pole-mounted equipment to identify poles with third-party assets – and charge for inspections
- Determine high-risk areas, such as sports fields, playgrounds and urban areas, to help inform design and works management decisions
Fugro Roames® World tool highlighting sports fields to ensure that risks associated with these areas can be mitigated
The Fugro advantage
By using Fugro Roames® technology for asset insights and analytics, you can:
- Reduce and optimise your expenditure on asset maintenance and vegetation management
- Lower your system average interruption duration index (SAIDI) and system average interruption frequency index (SAIFI) times and safety risks by identifying potential defects
- Improve your business’s ability to report and monitor your network and assess risk
- More accurately inform short- and long-term strategic asset management planning through a deeper understanding of your network