In this Fugro Applicant Privacy Notice ("Privacy Notice") we describe how Fugro handles Personal Data of individuals applying for employment with Fugro ("Applicants" or "you").
Please read the following carefully to understand how Fugro collects, stores, secures and uses (“processes”) your Personal Data during and after your application process.
When we refer to "Personal Data" in this Privacy Notice, we mean any information that could lead to your identity (e.g. your home address, name, e-mail address etcetera).
Who is responsible for your Personal Data?
When we refer to "Fugro", "we", or "us" in this Privacy Notice, we mean to refer to the Fugro entity that is responsible for your Personal Data and acts as "data controller". The Fugro entity(ies) that you intend to apply with (as indicated in the relevant application) is responsible for your Personal Data and acts as "data controller". A full list of the locations and contact details of the Fugro entities can be found here.
What Personal Data do we process?
In order to manage your application, we process the following general categories of Personal Data:
- Personal details - personal (contact) details such as your name and first name(s), address, email address, telephone number or other contact information, degree/title, date of birth and gender
- Recruitment or selection data - any Personal Data contained in your resume and application form, references, records of interview or interview notes, selection and verification records, previous (job) experience and references, professional certifications, special skills including (driver) licenses, language skills, memberships of committees or other bodies and education history
- Any other Personal Data - any other Personal Data which you choose to disclose to us during the course of the application process
In principle, we do not collect or use any special categories of Personal Data of applicants, such as health data or other sensitive types of data, unless you provide this to us voluntarily as part of your application letter, resume or during the interview.
For what purposes do we process your Personal Data?
Fugro processes your Personal Data for the purpose of carrying out the application process. More specifically, we use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to carry out the application process, assess your skills, qualifications and suitability for our career opportunities, check references and to handle requests, complaints or questions from you
- to comply with applicable (employment) laws and regulations, requests from governmental agencies or judicial services and to exercise and defend (potential) legal claims
- to potentially keep your records for future job vacancies (after we have informed you and you have not objected to this). We may use the data to communicate with you and to provide you with information regarding potential career opportunities that suit your profile
What is our legal basis for processing your Personal Data?
At all times, we process your Personal Data in accordance with applicable law. This means that we will only use your Personal Data if this is sufficient, relevant and limited to what is necessary. We will only process your Personal Data if we have a legal basis to do so.
The legal bases for processing your Personal Data are the following:
- to conclude a contract with you
- to comply with a legal obligation
- to pursue our legitimate (business) interests (or those of a third party) unless your interests and fundamental rights override our business interests.
With whom do we share your Personal Data?
From time to time we may need to share your Personal Data with Fugro employees or with third parties for the purposes listed in section 4 above. When this is the case this will usually be with one or more of the following parties:
- authorised Fugro employees - This includes (HR) employees of other Fugro group entities on a need-to-know basis and employees who are involved in the application process
- IT service providers - We engage IT service providers to assist us in the course of the application process (e.g. to maintain a central database of applicants). Consistent with applicable legal requirements, we take reasonable steps to require these IT service Version November 2019 | Applicant Privacy Notice Page 5 providers to safeguard your Personal Data and only process it in accordance with our instructions and with applicable law
- other third parties in case of legal obligations - We also disclose your Personal Data if we are required to do so by law (e.g. to governmental agencies or law enforcement authorities).
How do we share your Personal Data?
We take all necessary steps to ensure that your Personal Data is shared and treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice and applicable legislation. This means that we enter into appropriate legal arrangements with recipients of your data, such as Standard Contractual Clauses ("SCC's") as approved by the European Commission of the European Union or equivalent arrangements with parties outside the European Economic Area. If you wish to receive a copy of documentation showing the appropriate safeguards that have been put into place, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
How do we secure your Personal Data?
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data is properly secured using appropriate technical, physical, and organisational measures. We take steps to limit access to your Personal Data to those individuals who need to have access to this information for one of the purposes listed in this Privacy Notice.
Furthermore, we contractually ensure that any third party processing your Personal Data on our behalf maintains at least equal security and integrity standards.
How long do we store your Personal Data?
We store your Personal Data on the basis of applicable law or regulation which may vary depending on the location of the Fugro entity where you apply. In case the application does not result in an employment relation, we will retain your Personal Data for a maximum period of four weeks after the selection procedure has been concluded, unless a longer period is required by applicable law or regulation. If we retain your Personal Data for a longer period of time for future job opportunities, we will inform you accordingly and provide you with the option to object to such processing.
If you accept employment with Fugro, your Personal Data will be held on the basis set out in our Employee Privacy Notice, which is provided to all Fugro employees.
Which rights do you have with respect to your Personal Data?
You have several rights in relation to the Personal Data processed by Fugro. For example, you have the right to request, review, correct, update, restrict or delete Personal Data that you have provided to us during the recruitment process. You can contact us with any request as set out in section 11. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
As part of your request, please indicate which Personal Data you would like to receive, have changed or removed from our database or what limitations you would like to put on our use of your data. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before servicing your request. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in accordance with applicable law. Please note that we may need to retain certain Personal Data for recordkeeping purposes.
In the event your Personal Data was processed on the basis of your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time by sending an email to email@example.com. Please note that a withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing which has taken place before the consent was withdrawn and that we can only action your request in accordance with applicable law.
If you believe the processing of your Personal Data infringes this Privacy Notice or applicable law, please contact your HR point of contact or Fugro’s Global Privacy Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. . You can also raise your concern via our Speak Up Procedure which can be found on Insite. If you feel that Fugro has not addressed your concerns adequately you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in your country of residence.
How can you contact Fugro with privacy related questions?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our use of your Personal Data, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights described in this notice, please contact your HR point of contact or Fugro’s Global Privacy Coordinator at email@example.com.