Fugro delivers a thorough analysis of your site using the most up-to-date technology. Taking samples through borehole drilling and sampling, geophysical logging and pressure metre testing, our geotechnical testing accurately quantifies ground conditions at your project site. Soil samples are analysed at our in-house soil and rock testing laboratories to determine design parameters.
Our field data acquisition and sampling services are underpinned by our geotechnical expertise in executing complex and technically demanding projects. Other key services include:
- Desktop studies
- Advanced laboratory soils and rock testing
- Numerical and physical modelling of foundations
- Engineering analysis
Combining these services with Fugro’s geology, geophysics and other related geoscience expertise enables us to provide you with a comprehensive package of solutions: conceptual design, feasibility, development, installation, operation and field abandonment.
Our offshore geotechnical services can be accessed via a network of local offices throughout the world, offering you global capabilities with local delivery.
Providing detailed site investigations tailored to your specific requirements, we undertake a range of geotechnical techniques: deep boreholes with high quality down-hole sampling and in-situ testing; advanced laboratory testing; shallow penetration seabed coring; cone penetration testing (CPT); and other specialist in-situ tests.
From shallow coastal waters to ultra-deepwater ocean depths our safe, cost-effective and technologically advanced geotechnical services include:
- Siting and stability of jack-up drilling rigs
- Foundation design for production platforms
- Mooring of floating facilities
- Optimisation of well design
- Assessment of geohazards
- Routing and installation of pipelines, flowlines and cables
Our site investigation services are crucial for ensuring the long-term performance of your offshore assets. With an array of specialised tools and equipment we successfully apply innovative technology and expertise to assist in the management of associated risk and uncertainty. Our key attributes include:
- Integration of geological and geophysical disciplines to incorporate all aspects of a site investigation
- Proper understanding of soil parameters for design and construction of structures on the seabed
- Evaluation of soil stability
- Purpose-built fleet including new state-of-the-art vessels
- Worldwide reach
Whether your project is in shallow coastal waters, the Arctic or ultra-deep water, our knowledge and experience will ensure that you realise the maximum benefit.