By combining our extensive experience, expertise and wide range of speciality drilling services we develop and deliver bespoke solutions for your project, providing high-quality support for your marine construction activities. We can work from a vessel that belongs to you, us or a third party. We also provide marine project management of third parties.
Our capabilities include:
- XL foundation and monopile drilling, using pile-top drill technologies to support specialist services for ports, harbours and marine infrastructure
- 8.4m shaft drilling and intake/outfall construction in high-energy coastal environments
- Jack-up barge charter, as well as plant and equipment hire
- Innovative solutions for TBM (Tunnel Boring Machine) recovery in marine environments
- Bespoke pile-handling systems
- Outfall construction using jack-ups or walking jack-ups in high-energy surf zones
- Offshore wind farm (OWF) maintenance and decommissioning services
- Subsea drilling expertise
- Subsea template design and manufacture
XL Diameter Drilling
Our marine drills and in-house drilling systems can be installed onto floating vessels and barges to support marine construction projects. We use these heave-compensated solutions to drill sockets (up to 8.4m diameter) in water depths that are beyond the reach of jack-up barges. We provide a complete service for subsea structure installations including OWF foundations, vessel/platform moorings, conductor casings, jetty foundations and mudline cellars.
In order to work safely and efficiently in the variable conditions of the marine environment, we design, manufacture and operate customised equipment.
Our in-house capability for drilling marine sockets and shafts ranges between 0.5m and 8.4m for projects like OWF foundations and intake and outfall structures. We have the world’s largest fleet of pile-top rigs at our disposal, as well as ongoing developments in subsea drilling technology.
Pile handling systems
Our bespoke pile-handling systems reduce installation times for OWF foundation piles, enabling rapid installation in most ground conditions. Our technology allows controlled handling, lifting and installation.
Whether your marine building project is conventional or a complex structure for the offshore energy sector, we can manage the project and plan the works. Our specialist equipment includes jack-up platforms and cranes, but we also design and build equipment that enables us to complete the works quickly, efficiently and safely.
Marine outfalls and trenching
Our jack-ups provide the ideal platform for large, long-reach excavators. By using a combination of land survey or GPS and linking the information to the excavator’s on-board computer, we meet the exacting tolerances for outfall levels and set-out. If explosives are required for hard rock areas, our comprehensive knowledge of relevant regulations enables us to source and use explosives for drilling and blasting techniques.
Our outfall projects are hugely successful. One of the reasons behind this success is our ability to adapt techniques to suit specific ground conditions and pipeline specifications. Our jack-up barges can be quickly modified to deploy pipes from a ‘stinger’ frame and provide pipe welding or butt-fusion onboard, while simultaneously adding ballast-collars to sink the pipe in the trench. The ‘float and drop’ is another very effective deployment technique that we often use.
With 38 years’ experience in marine drilling and jack-up operation, you can rely on us to deliver your marine installation and construction projects safely, efficiently and on time. Our innovative solutions enable you to control the risk of undertaking unusual construction activities in difficult marine environments, allowing you more time to focus on other aspects of your project.
- In-house design and fabrication capabilities – our team of design and engineering professionals work together to enhance reliability and reduce programme cost
- Bespoke foundation and shaft drilling equipment that’s engineered to provide the best technical and risk-reduced solutions with quality control carried out throughout the manufacturing process
- Jack-up barges designed and built for overwater site investigations, marine construction projects and XL diameter drilling works. Our modular jack-up barges can be shipped globally reducing freight cost, and the on-board accommodation reduces the risk of crew transfers
- Specialist services in shaft and pile drilling, from the largest-known fleet of pile-top rigs ensuring drilling activities are mobilised quickly to reduce time on site
- Innovative subsea drilling technologies and expertise help our clients deliver projects on time, on budget and to specification