Fugro owns and operates vessels, saturation systems, surface gas and air diving systems with experienced subsea engineers and support infrastructure worldwide. With more than 300 divers, our largest diving operation is in Brazil where we are market leaders, holding a successful track record that dates back 30 years. We also provide diving services for the offshore and civil engineering sectors in Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the Asia-Pacific region.
With an exemplary safety record we are at the forefront of global best practice, industry regulations and standards; Fugro is represented at a senior level in the principal contractor and client diving industry organisations. Our clients include oil and gas majors, subsea engineering contractors and government agencies.
Our high quality, specialist solutions include:
- Platform, pipeline and vessel inspection
- Subsea intervention, installation and construction support
- Underwater inspections in lieu of dry docking (UWILD) of offshore units, including non-destructive testing (NDT)
- Subsea inspection, repair and maintenance programmes
- NDT and corrosion control campaigns
- Salvage and emergency response interventions
- Hyperbaric welding and related subsea habitat projects
Built upon extensive experience in a range of subsea interventions, our innovative solutions include diving services for:
- Hyperbaric Welding and Cofferdam Projects – Repairs to live pipelines and structural repairs to jackets using services such as pre-engineering, welding procedures, welder coding and the supply of all equipment.
- Cathodic Protection and Asset Life Extension Projects – Materials and engineering for the life extension of offshore assets and retrofitted bespoke equipment by diver or ROV.
- Underwater Repair, Maintenance and Cleaning – Repairing and changing components or cleaning needed for the optimum performance of drill rigs, production facilities, platforms or underwater infrastructure. Our divers use a comprehensive set of tools for subsea cutting and welding, riser and marine growth cleaning, and flange tensioning and torque.
- Subsea Intervention, Installation and Construction Support – Support for the installation or connection of production units (such as FPSOs or platforms) to pipelines and subsea infrastructure. For subsea metrology, tie-ins of rigid or other types of connections and free-span corrections we use saturation divers on either chartered dive support vessels chartered or on your own vessel.
- Underwater Inspection In Lieu of Dry Docking (UWILD) – We can verify the integrity and design condition of your offshore unit, perform visual inspections and non-destructive testing, including cathodic protection and thickness measurements, to help you avoid dry docking. Deploying small ROVs enhances visual diver support and safety conditions.
Our global presence gives us a full understanding of local diving regulations, requirements and conditions. Together with our ROV, survey and engineering capabilities, this enables us to deliver a multidisciplinary approach to support your challenges.
- A “one stop shop,” single contractor approach, combining ROV and survey services for efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Solutions tailored by our engineering teams
- We belong to principal industry diving organisations (such as OGP, IMCA and SUT)
- Qualified by ABS and other classification societies to perform UWILD inspections
- Extensive experience in both air and saturation (deep) diving, with excellent track record
- Flexible operations with diving services from chartered vessels, under partnership arrangements with vessel owners or from clients’ vessels