NDT (nondestructive testing) plays a major role in fabrication and construction by providing a method for checking adherence to applicable codes, specifications and standards. The testing is designed not to interfere significantly with your construction, operation or project schedule.
We prioritise client satisfaction and technical capabilities, paying close attention to your project needs. Our work conforms to rigorous quality standards prescribed by ASTM, ASME, AWS, API, ANSI, AWWA, SSPC, AASHTO, and AISC.
Furthermore, our operations are accredited to A2LA (ISO 17025)*, ilac-MRA, ISO-9001:2008 and occupational Health & Safety Accounting Standards (OHSAS) 18001:2007.
*A2LA scope includes RT, PT, MT, UT, VT, Welder Qualifications, and Welding Procedure Qualifications. Services performed by Fugro NDT locations in Houston and Pasadena, TX. A2LA certificate number 0023.04.
From a network of global offices we offer nondestructive testing services, either at your site or in-house, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. With a fleet of specialised vehicles we can tackle difficult terrain, especially when inspecting materials at remote sites.
With applications in industrial plants, ports, aeronautical and subsea equipment, wiring, bolting, structural steel, ships, vessels and school buses, our comprehensive range of nondestructive services includes:
- Radiography – Cobalt 60, Iridium 192, Selenium 75, X-Ray tube and film digitising and computer radiography
- Ultrasonic – conventional contact, phased array and immersion
- Magnetic particle – horizontal, portable and yoke
- Liquid penetrant
- Eddy current testing
- Positive material identification (PMI) – carbon and alloy
- Ferrite, hardness, cladding thickness testing and metallurgical
- Corrosion and coating inspection
- Certified welding inspectors (CWI)/structural and welding inspection
Fugro is approved by numerous authorities worldwide and both in-house and external audits check for compliance with our quality and safety procedures. Our nondestructive testing laboratories are accredited by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) and our experienced technicians are certified in compliance with the American Society of Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) recommended practice, receiving regular eye exams to maintain certification. Visual weld inspections, welder qualification training and welding procedure qualifications are all performed by American Welding Society (AWS) Certified Welding Inspectors (CWIs).
Underpinned by our global experience, which includes world class projects both onshore and offshore, our non-destructive testing services include:
- The most competitive range of equipment available
- Highly qualified technical staff
- Approval of many global authorities with in-house and external audits to ensure compliance with quality assurance procedures
- Stringent safety procedures
- Rapid mobilisation to any location no matter how remote
- Worldwide support