With a wealth of knowledge and experience, our team provides environmental advice and guidance for industry and regulators.
We secure regulatory approval for project developments by engaging with our clients and finding a balance between project requirements and the existing environment regulatory framework. Our environmental advice, reporting and consenting services span many industry sectors.
Environmental consulting services
- Project management / co-ordination
- Feasibility studies and site selection
- Environmental impact assessments (EIAs) and appraisals
- Screening and scoping
- Preparation of environmental statements / environmental appraisals and associated technical reports
- Habitat regulations assessments
- Consents and licensing
- Licence applications and ad hoc consenting support and advice
- Stakeholder consultation
- Constraints mapping and analysis
- GIS and data management
- Post-consent advice and support
Mitigation and management plans
We undertake a wide range of projects, from small-scale, one-off activities to major infrastructure projects.
Each marine and/or coastal development project has its own set of unique constraints and challenges requiring effective environmental management solutions.
Here are some examples of how we can help you:
Feasibility and site selection
Our unique combination of skills and services means we can provide well-informed advice on the suitability of any proposed development location. We can support you at the concept stage of your project by liaising with the regulators about the project’s feasibility and helping you to select the best site location.
Environmental impact assessments (EIAs)
Many projects require an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), from port expansions to offshore wind farms or oil and gas developments. We have developed an EIA methodology specifically suited to projects in the marine and coastal environment, focussing on the sensitivities and receptor values that make these environments unique.
Consents and permits
Throughout the life of your development, we can help you prepare applications for marine consents and permits relating to your project development activities. Our environmental consultants are highly experienced in developing, reviewing and advising on environmental survey requirements. Whether a project requires a single permit or a full EIA, we will work closely with you to identify the best solution
Once project consent has been granted, we can continue to support you by:
- Developing environmental management, mitigation and monitoring plans
- Making sure you meet post-consent regulatory requirements and licence conditions
- Carrying out post-consent surveys
- Providing an ecological or environmental clerk of works
We provide a comprehensive range of marine environmental consulting services, helping our clients to obtain regulatory approvals for a wide range of offshore and coastal development projects throughout their lifecycle.
We deliver fully integrated environmental solutions, providing the following benefits to our clients:
- Integration of marine environmental consulting, ecological surveys and laboratory testing expertise, ensuring that the right data is collected for each specific application
- Experienced personnel with in-depth knowledge of oil and gas, renewables, cables and pipelines, aggregates, ports and harbours, leisure, public sector and water industries, ensuring a smooth consenting process in a timely manner
- Diverse capabilities, available individually or as a comprehensive integrated solution, providing efficient and cost-effective solutions tailored specifically to each clients’ specific needs and requirements