Fugro’s extensive capabilities cover all phases of a mining development and our services include:
- Resource mapping
- Economic geology
- Hydrogeologic evaluations
The exploration, development, operation and closure of a large mine brings unique environmental, logistical and technical challenges. Mining projects are often difficult to develop with locations that are remote, at problematic altitudes or in pristine environments and often distant from the point of export. We understand the mining business and its challenges and our specialised services are relevant from early desk studies and reconnaissance to operation and ultimate mine closure.
- Resource mapping – For mapping and monitoring of resources we undertake geotechnical and geological analysis of slope stabilities, in situ geo monitoring and periodic LiDAR surveys of open pit developments and stockpiles.
- Tectonics – As a world leader in geologic hazard assessment and tectonic analysis our engineering capability is integrated with our field data collection and regional analysis. We provide on-site geotechnical information, analyse geophysical characteristics of the proposed location, fly topographic surveys (LiDAR) and gather bathymetric data for developments of ports and harbours.
- Geochemistry – We provide detailed regional geochemical and geological surveys as well as geochemical analysis for mining projects. Soil samples from projects around the world are analysed at our own advanced soils testing laboratories.
- Economic geology – Applying our expertise and deploying our specialised equipment, we collect data through field observation of existing conditions and provide feedback on possible constructability issues.
- Hydrogeologic evaluations – Our hydrologists and geohydrologists provide accurate recommendations on water mapping, pollution control and similar ongoing mining operational issues.