InnoTamp is a ground-breaking research project that aims to develop a process to improve the affordability of design tamping so that it can be rolled out to more of the national rail network – on regular as well as high-speed lines.
In this webinar we will present the results of this pioneering nine-month project and demonstrate that proven design tamping technologies can be integrated seamlessly into a real-world railway environment without the need for traditional manual track surveys.
InnoTamp is a completely different, ‘design first’ approach to tamping based on Fugro’s innovative RILA monitoring system. The solution supports more sustainable whole-life geometry and increased track quality, which ultimately will help network operators reduce maintenance costs and improve safety.
- Annual cost-saving resulting from improved tamping productivity
- Lower annual maintenance costs over time, because of less ‘wear and tear’
- Safety improvement due to reduction in on-track surveys
- Enhanced passenger comfort
- Higher network uptime and less disruption to rail services
- Increased environmental sustainability
- Challenges of track maintenance
- The InnoTamp research project
- Results summary
- Recommendations and future plans
Detailed programme will be made available in due course.
The ‘First of a Kind’ project is funded by the Department of Transport U.K. and delivered by InnovateUK. Fugro conducted the research project in cooperation with Network Rail.