As the Lidar Production Supervisor, this individual will lead the lidar department and is responsible for managing the production of lidar-related products that may come across from various sensors. The supervisor will coordinate offshore and onshore projects on a day to day basis, ensure timely preparation and completion of project tasks. Additionally, they will ensure both technical and commercial requirements and scopes of work are understood.
- Collect mapping data from different sources and perform specific mapping sciences in accordance with project-specific requirements.
- Process lidar data in accordance with project specific requirements: boresight, TerraScan macro development, quality control, and generation of derived products
- Lead resources including people, equipment, and processes within the department.
- Assist in scheduling and expediting work processes.
- Implement projects and tasks in accordance with quality system requirements to ensure on time, first time right delivery and client satisfaction.
- Monitor and evaluate work progress, schedule, quality, and productivity.
- Provide oversight on development and implementation of new production workflow.
- Collect metrics on production tasks and keep estimate assumptions up to date.
- Conduct annual and bi-annual performance reviews and personal development plans for all assigned employees. Submit all salary requests, hire/termination requests, and promotion requests to Production Manager and HR.
- Establish training plan, provide training oversight and act as resource to assigned staff; transfer knowledge to staff and identify training needs.
- Provide first line review and comment on any personnel related issues.
- Review and approve leave requests and time sheets ensuring that labor is recorded correctly
- Legally authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions
- Bachelor’s degree in the geospatial sciences or related field of study, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 4-6 years of production experience in processing lidar data, lidar derived products, and other types of terrain products
- Two (2) years of successful technical supervisory (or lead) experience or demonstrated competencies at the supervisory (or lead) level
- 4-6 years’ experience processing lidar with the following software packages: Microstation, TerraSolid, LP360, GeoCue, Global Mapper, ArcGIS, LASTools, etc.
- Proven leadership skills and the technical knowledge and creativity to guide and direct diverse, simultaneous production teams and make sound and orderly production decisions
- The technical depth and creativity to foresee technical issues, identify and solve technical problems, and lead group technical problem-solving and improvement processes
- Proven collaboration, team building, and execution skills
- Possess a comprehensive technical understanding of lidar technology, data quality, and relevant industry standards
- ASPRS certification is preferred
- Ability to travel, both domestic and international
- Possess or be able to obtain valid passport, ability to travel extensively both domestic and international
- Possess valid driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or email@example.com.
EEO is the law poster
EEO is the law supplement poster