Directly reporting to the Regional Application Delivery Lead and functionally reporting to the Regional IT Manager, the IT Application Analyst delivers functional expertise, leadership, and support of a portfolio of Enterprise Application systems cover from Finance operations, procurement system, project operations etc. This position is responsible for the design, direction, implementation and functional support and maintenance of regional and global IT application platforms according to the regional strategic business goals of Fugro.
Fugro has presence globally, hence this position transcends company boundaries, operating locally but often working with regional and global counterparts to deliver global divisional solutions. While many deliverables to the business will take the form of projects, stakeholder relationships and business requirements are key to global IT's success. This will require the IT Application Analyst to design, develop and support the projects necessary to meet the needs of the business. The IT Application Analyst is responsible for the planning, execution, support and delivery of services to enable the success of the business.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Develop technical specifications for MS Dynamics NAV 2009, Business Central and other system functionality
- Translates business requirements into technical design and specifications
- Develop & code customizations for Dynamics NAV as required (forms/screens, code units, etc.)
- Identify and recommend product customization, enhancements, and work-through to meet requirements
- Assist with integration between Dynamics NAV ERP with other systems such as CRM systems and Tagetik Financial Management
- Experience in MS NAV consolidation and migration is preferred
- Understand and implement all global platforms within global standards meeting regional requirements
- Choose and apply a project management methodology as appropriate for assigned projects
- Provide functional support for assigned business systems (Examples: Navision, Tagetik FM, Microsoft CRM, Workday HRIS etc)
- Manages 3rd party vendors to meet project deliverables, ensuring projects are on time and meet requirements
- As a member of Centre of Excellence for Enterprise Application for ERP and its integrated systems support in APAC
To successfully meet the remits of this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Typically, a Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university in business , management information systems or computer science, and a minimum of 5 years of experience in leading Application development and support. Individual is expected to develop a broad understanding of the firm's enterprise application platforms.
- At least 3-5 years of Dynamics NAV / Navision (C/AL) development experience (versions 5, 2009, 2013, 2015)
- Extensive understanding of Dynamics NAV/Navision and add-on module for Procurement and Project Management (Exflow & PSO)
- At least 3 years of SQL Server preferably with some knowledge of SSRS and SSIS
- Reporting experience, ideally with MS SQL Server, SSRS, Power BI or QlikView/QlikSense.
- Hands on experience with Finance/Accounting, Inventory, Warehouse Management, Supply Chain, and Service Management
- Prior experience in support NAV end-user in a Share Service Centre environment or enjoy working in dynamic end-user environment is preferred
- Experience in application support in SaaS environment, driving cloud adoption and migration is an advantage.
Excellent written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills. Must understand business requirements, functional and technical specifications, scoping and planning process. Has a propensity for functional and technical design.
Ability to assess business, functional and technical needs. Must be able to fully translate business needs into functional requirements, design specifications.
- Application Development and Support
- Project Management
- Strong Analytical skills
- Functional design skills
- Must be able to use discretion in handling Fugro-confidential information
- Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions, prioritize tasks, and communicate in a professional and timely manner in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently and efficiently
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Highly organized
- Individual must be a team player
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle
- Strong understanding of functional implementation of applications and services
- Ability to manage project resources including non-direct reports, contractors and stakeholders.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.