The Survey Helper will be tasked with assisting the Survey Party Chief and/or Surveying Technician as directed. This individual will perform as a member of the surveying field crew in completion of various survey projects. The Survey Helper will be responsible for the preparation, set-up, testing and maintenance of tools and equipment used to acquire Geo-data, executing tests and delivering Geo-data.
- Assists in operation of conventional and satellite survey equipment for completion of survey projects.
- Loads equipment for transport to worksite; unloads equipment from vehicle to worksite.
- Cuts and clears brush and trees from line of survey using brush hook or other cutting tools, sometimes in rough terrain.
- Places stakes at designated points and drives them into ground at specified elevation, using hammer or hatchet.
- Maintains equipment and company vehicle in clean and orderly fashion.
- Identifies and utilizes survey equipment properly.
- Adheres to all company safety and security policies.
- Performs other duties or completes special projects as assigned.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- High School diploma preferred, 2 and/or 4-year advanced degree in surveying, mapping, GIS and/or relatable studies preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Ability to travel extensively, both domestic and international
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, basic understanding of word processing and spreadsheet software is required, such as Microsoft Office products.
- The employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Strenuous physical effort carrying equipment/walking through rough terrain; working in water environment, usually inland waters.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands to finder, feel, or handle. The employee is regularly required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be exposed to loud environments such as production plant or construction site with large earth-moving equipment. Working conditions are frequently outdoors in the state of Louisiana or Texas: very hot and humid summers, mild and wet winters. The employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold or heat, risk of electric shock, and vibration.
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO is the law poster
EEO is the law supplement poster