To manage the development and implementation of in-house digital geo-data systems (Gaia Suite) within the South East Asia region. Requirements include expertise in the development and implementation of digital geo-data systems, essential experience of field geo-data acquisition and a solid academic background in engineering geology.
- First in line local data manger and general data support
- First in line geotechnical software technical support and information
- First in line implementation guidance for Gaia platforms
- Perform Gaia acceptance testing
- Develop Gaia documentation, standard procedures and training material
- First in line data management trainer
- AGS data consultant
- Manage the future implementation and development of geotechnical software and applications within the SEA region.
- Deploy and configure Gaia platforms to global business entities (in collaboration with Gaia owners)
- Second in line global technical support for Gaia Books and Forms
- Geological engineering review: keep up to date with current in-house and industry developments
- Develop analytical tools to interact with Gaia products
- Assist in the development of internal software systems
- Liaise with Gaia developers for third line technical support and user change requests
- Software testing and documentation
- Communicate with clients how Gaia platforms will be used and provide training when necessary
- Assist in trialling/setting up Gaia hardware
- Represent users in the development of new workflows in Gaia Books
- Prepare and distribute additional training materials and promotional sheets
MSc in Geology/ Soil Mechanics/Geotechnics
Skills / experience required to do the job:
- Excellent communication skills to bridge between field operators, geotechnical practitioners, IT specialists and corporate process controllers within the organisational structure of an international leader in the field of geo-data management.
- Ability to represent the business when discussing digital data transformation systems with clients and other stakeholders, coupled with the skills to work in client-collaborative teams.
- An essential good understanding of the ground investigation process (soil and rock sampling and testing in-situ and in laboratory), technical specifications, contract forms and HSE risk management.
- The ability to recognise and adapt to country/regional changes in geotechnical process.
- Strong computer literacy, including Microsoft office and supporting software, use of databases, programming languages
- A high level of written and numeric skills
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.