This role shall enable personal development in the geo-engineering sector. It requires responsible, robust individuals that enjoy outdoor work and have an interest in digital data acquisition and management. It provided a foundation for future development within the ground engineering industry.
The role comprises the following primary duties:
- Combined outdoor geo-data acquisition and indoor processing and reporting in a safe, reliable manner with minimum supervision;
- Diligent use, maintenance and safekeeping of data acquisition hand tools, test and measurement equipment;
- Work to a specified daily schedule;
- Undertake ad hoc tasks like specialist instrument installations, soil logging of shallow pit excavations and to assist in general geo-data operations;
- Understand and implement corporate standard of work practice covering quality, health, safety and environmental performance; and
- Report to project manager or project in-charge.
- This is a skilled role where training will be provided;
- Mature behaviour and a sense of personal responsibility for self and team in matters of technical quality, personal and collective safety and environmental good practice.
- Positive mindset and ability to learn by on-job training and experience;
- Work experience in land surveying, geo-instrumentation, drilling/geotechnical testing services is an advantage
- Ability to take general instruction, plan/prioritize the day and meet time-related work schedules
- Team player with good communication skills
- Clean driving licence is an advantage
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.