While deployed in the field, the Airborne Sensor Operator is responsible for operating airborne remote sensors or cameras to collect data. In addition, the operator is responsible for setting up ground based GPS stations, and downloading and shipping of data and film. While in the office, the operator may be responsible for QC of data or other duties as assigned.
- Operate computer managed flight navigation systems, GPS Geodetic base stations, and any of Fugro’s lidar sensors or digital cameras
- Download and ship data gathered after mission completion
- Perform initial quality assessment in the field to assure data meets client specifications; coordinate with the Senior Flight Operations Supervisor to determine if re-flights are required
- Generate and/or review flight plans for data acquisition missions
- Prepare post mission flight logs and reports
- Assist Aerial Survey Pilot in exercising professional judgement at the job site in determining conditions and procedures under which data collection will be performed
Apply specialized knowledge in using industry and proprietary software to accomplish in-office data processing and quality control
- May be assigned or responsible to update quality management procedures on aerial sensor operation
- Ensure to follow these guidelines, but are not limited to: company operating procedures, equipment operating procedures, FAA regulations, and client specifications
Ensure accordance to company standards, industry standards, QHSSE policy and regulations
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or email@example.com.
EEO is the law poster
EEO is the law supplement poster