The Senior Geotechnical Engineer will manage and execute simple to complex projects and pursuits. This individual will have the technical responsibility of engineering data acquisition, modeling, analysis, recommendations, and design. The role is tasked with planning and developing engineering projects concerned with unique and complex issues. This involves definition of scope and selection of problems for investigation, and development of novel concepts and approaches. The role is requiring extensive progressive experience in geotechnical engineering consultancy. This role must operate with independent action and responsible judgement. This individual may supervise groups of staff or independent business units, so the operation meets assigned financial goals and Fugro’s professional standards.
- Plan, develop, coordinate, and direct large and important projects or project of complex scope and importance with a small staff of engineers and technicians.
- Participate in selecting project team, assign tasks to the project team, monitor progress, and check accuracy of completed work.
- Conceive, plan, and conduct research in problem areas of complex scope. Identify critical gaps related to the problem that may be largely lacking due to the novel character of the project.
- Typically, the “Engineer-of-record” on major projects. Approve changes to design during construction.
- Ensure commitments to clients are met in budget, timeliness, and accuracy to maintain close relationship with client throughout development of the project and beyond.
- Produce accurate and timely invoices with the ability to collect fees from clients in a timely manner.
- Be responsible for successful execution of engineering program.
- Review of proposals and reports.
- Complete projects and other operational tasks.
- Execute work duties in an organized and efficient manner.
- Work independently on most projects.
- Serve as the technical specialist for the company in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles, and processes for an assigned area of responsibility.
- Mentor junior engineers with the purpose of professional development. Requires identification and recommendation of advanced training needs.
- Assist in business development, recruitment, and hiring.
- Provide leadership in the firm and set an example consistent with exemplary ethical standards.
- Maintain close relationship with clients throughout project and beyond.
- Communicate tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Maintain effective work relationship with other professionals.
- Work well with supervisors and other professionals as a team.
- Stay abreast of current professional practices and technological advancements.
- Maintain meaningful involvement in professional organizations.
- Support and encourage continuous improvement of the company’s processes, including the safety program and quality management system.
- Observe and follow all company core values, safety rules, and procedures.
- Meet all utilization goals.
- Be able to travel as required.
- Maintain organized and clean work area.
- Comes to work regularly and on time.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work while under stress.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university is required.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Civil Engineering with emphasis on Geotechnical Engineering from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- Professional Engineering License in Texas is required.
- At least 10 years of experience in relevant field. Management of large engineering projects required.
- Effective verbal and written communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to work as team leader to achieve desired results.
- Excellent written communication skills including comprehensive understanding of writing for engineering documents and related legal terminology. Mentor written communication skills in others.
- Ability to present information and ideas, as well as respond to questions in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to competently and professionally present project materials in client meetings, including identifying and mitigating client concerns.
- Effective client relationship management with a dedicated client base and the proven ability to book annual revenue.
- Maintain meaningful involvement with professional organizations.
- Advanced knowledge of computer operations including Microsoft Office and other engineering programs.
- Possess current driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO is the law poster
EEO is the law supplement poster