The ideal Senior/Associate Geotechnical Engineering candidate will be a State of California professionally licensed civil engineer with relevant experience in the State of California after licensure. The candidate will have experience in at least one of the following disciplines: vertical structures, transportation, ports and harbors, hospitals, water treatment plants, other infrastructure, or commercial developments. They will be responsible for managing all aspects of projects and pursuits from a commercial and technical perspective using independent actions and responsible judgment.
- Scope, manage, direct and execute geotechnical projects from a commercial and technical perspective.
- Ensure that commitments to clients are met for budget, timeliness, and accuracy.
- Play a key role in business development and ensuring client satisfaction, while supporting the principals and business development group.
- Assign duties to the project team, answer their questions, monitor their progress, and check accuracy of completed work.
- Prepare proposals and cost estimates and support junior staff with senior level review of their proposals and cost estimates.
- Prepare geotechnical design and engineering reports and support junior staff with senior level review of their reporting.
- Make presentations to clients and staff.
- Mentor and train staff.
- Ability to perform occasional field activities including the training of junior staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Able to work remotely.
- Authorized to work in the United States without restrictions.
- BSc degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent program with an emphasis on geotechnical engineering, or BSc in Geotechnical Engineering. MSc degree or PhD in a geotechnical engineering discipline highly preferred.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of relevant experience as a practicing geotechnical engineer. Senior or Associate level positions would be determined based upon extent of relevant experience.
- State of California Civil Engineer licensure required.
- State of California Geotechnical Engineering licensure or ability to obtain one, preferred.
- Individual must possess an excellent understanding and knowledge of the geotechnical engineering disciplines.
- Individual must possess an overall understanding of technical requirements and field data acquisition procedures.
- Experience on geotechnical projects in the San Francisco Bay Area is preferred, but not required.
- Experience on geotechnical projects in California and knowledge of the current standard of practices, rules and regulations, is required.
- Must be proficient in the use of software for communication, project management and technical analysis including commercial slope stability, settlement, and pile analysis software.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret contracts and proposal requests, technical procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to write reports, proposals, and business correspondence with clarity and good grammar.
- Ability to effectively present ideas and technical information orally, in a clear and concise manner and respond to questions from groups of managers, peers, staff, clients, and the general public.
- Possess or be able to obtain a valid passport.
- Willingness and ability to travel both domestic and internationally.
- Possess valid State of California driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or email@example.com.
EEO is the law poster
EEO is the law supplement poster