The Driller Helper will assist in mobilization/demobilization of drill rig and/or cone trucks for jobs, as directed. Assist driller/CPT operator in daily field/yard operations of rig. i.e. handling drill pipe, mixing drill mud and use of other equipment.
- With much supervision and little decision-making:
- Observe and follow all company safety rules and procedures.
- Support and encourage continuous improvement of the company's processes, including safety program and quality management system.
- Assist in the mobilization of drilling rigs and/or cone trucks for jobs as directed. Load drill pipe, mud and equipment.
- Assist driller/CPT operator in the operations of rig by handling drill pipe, mixing drill mud and handling casing and other equipment.
- Drive equipment to and from job location. Complete field assignments as directed.
- Familiar with and follow DOT and IFTA regulations.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Company safety rules and procedures.
- Assist in the cleaning of equipment after each job as directed and, as needed, clean equipment yard and perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform maintenance and cleaning of equipment and work area as directed.
- Meet all utilization goals as determined by Activity Center Manager or supervisor.
- Work in varying weather conditions.
- Physical requirements include standing, squatting and heavy lifting over long periods during workday as per the pre-placement Human Performance Evaluation.
- Work around potentially hazardous materials.
- Be able to travel extensively (required), both domestically and internationally.
- Communicate tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Maintain effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally Authorized to work in the United States, Without restrictions
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Good mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Must have current driver's license with record in accordance with Company and DOT policies, class A license highly desired
- Possess or be able to obtain valid passport.
- Must be equipment oriented and understand mechanics of drilling machinery.
- Must be physically fit to work in strenuous manual labor position with possible hazardous waste exposure.
- Must able be able to meet physical parameters of DOT and Environmental (Type IV) physical.
- Must be able to complete OSHA 40 Hour course and appropriate refreshers and other safety courses by written exam.
- Required to lift heavy equipment and materials, often in excess of 100 lbs.
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or email@example.com.
EEO is the law poster
EEO is the law supplement poster