The Fabrication Welder will be responsible for the engineering, fabrication and welding of mild steel, aluminum and stainless steel. This individual will must have wide range of welding skills and strong fabrication experience.
- Fabricates, assembles, installs, and repairs metal products, mild steel, aluminum and stainless steel and equipment.
- Sets up and operates fabrication machines, bending, and saws.
- Shapes metal material using hand tools.
- Trims, files, grinds, deburr, buffs, and smooth’s surfaces using hand tools and portable power tools.
- Welds, solders bolts, rivets, screws, clips, caulks, or bonds component parts to assemble products, using hand tools, power tools, and equipment.
- Fabricate components that meet project requirements
- Inspects assemblies and installations
- Dependable worker with the ability to keep a steady schedule.
- Required to travel, both domestic and the possibility of international travel
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- 18 years of age
- High school diploma graduate or equivalent, Associate or trade school degree in welding, fabrication or equivalent education strongly preferred.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions
- Ability to travel, both domestic and international
- Driving license with strong driving record
- 10+ years of related welding/fabrication experience required
- State of Texas Welding certification or equivalent highly preferred
- Extensive welding experience with mild steel, stainless steel and aluminum is required
- Must be able to perform various welding techniques including MIG/TIG/Stick and Gas welding
- Knowledge of fabrication techniques, principles, tools in the production and use of plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Experienced with health and safety regulations/standards preferred
- Experience within the oil and gas and/or geotechnical drilling operations highly preferred
- Additional mechanical, plant and heavy engineering experience is an advantage
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
As the world’s largest integrator of geotechnical, survey, subsea and geosciences services, we offer talented individuals almost unlimited growth potential.
As a Fugro employee, you will get to work with talented people on a global scale who contribute as a team to our corporate strategy. Additionally, you will have access to ongoing training and development which will sharpen your skills and broaden your knowledge and abilities.
This combination of experience, ongoing training and development, and working with great people will allow you to grow your career and explore new opportunities with Fugro around the globe.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or email@example.com.
EEO is the law poster
EEO is the law supplement poster