The Senior Project Engineer is expected to work independently on projects of varying complexity and scope, and direct and provide mentorship to junior engineers in the completion of projects. In addition, the role involves supervising site investigations and laboratory programs and preparing and providing oversight to engineering reports in compliance of internal technical assurance processes.
- Responsible for a team of four to six engineers and engineering assistants on a project basis.
- Perform independently on projects of standard to moderate complexity and scope.
- Plan and conduct standard assignments requiring independent judgment in the selection of techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Act as a project professional on larger, more complex projects.
- Coordinate standard to complex field and laboratory operations and programs, solving most problems that arise and, if necessary, performing technical or special testing that may be requested or required to meet project needs.
- Required to perform routine and special field and laboratory testing, and data preparation, as required on a project basis.
- Travel offshore on Fugro vessels to oversee projects.
- Supervise and review more junior engineer’s field and laboratory instructions, design parameters, methods of analysis, and calculations.
- Independently evaluates and develops foundation soil parameters.
- Independently evaluates, selects, performs, and checks standard engineering analyses.
- Monitors project budgets, schedules, and performance against KPIs.
- Assist in preparation of invoices for projects he/she is performing and supervising.
- Assist in training and provide technical workshops.
- Prepares engineering and advanced laboratory testing proposals and establish project pricing with management support.
- Adheres to quality management system and complies with HSE requirements.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without restrictions.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Civil Engineering. (Master's degree in Geotechnical Engineering preferred).
- 4+ years of Geotechnical Engineering experience. Marine experienced preferred.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (PE).
- Good knowledge and understanding of the basics of technical specialty.
- Well-developed writing, speaking, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office and technical software applications.
- Good engineering judgment.
- General knowledge of sales, pricing, and negotiating.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Travelling (domestic, international, and offshore) may be required.
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer-matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
As the world’s largest integrator of geotechnical, survey, subsea and geosciences services, we offer talented individuals almost unlimited growth potential.
As a Fugro employee, you will get to work with talented people on a global scale who contribute as a team to our corporate strategy. Additionally, you will have access to ongoing training and development which will sharpen your skills and broaden your knowledge and abilities.
This combination of experience, ongoing training and development, and working with great people will allow you to grow your career and explore new opportunities with Fugro around the globe.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or email@example.com.
EEO is the law poster
EEO is the law supplement poster