About Fugro Satellite Positioning, Inc.
Fugro Satellite Positioning services and products involve the development and operation of GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite Systems) and the provision of related products world-wide. Fugro offers a range of services tailored to the particular application and market environment to ensure a cost effective, fit for purpose solution under every circumstance, be it on land, offshore or in the air.
About the Position
Fugro Satellite Positioning, Inc. has an immediate opening in the Singapore office for a Network Controller. This position is responsible for monitoring and proactively supporting the daily operation of our Fugro Data Network, including Network Control Center (NCC), Remote sites and Satellite uplink sites. This includes monitoring and QC of the data collection, distribution and broadcast processes with minimum downtime. Also assists with customer support outside of normal daily working hours. It is a unique position where the employee is trained on the job. The employee works 7 on, 7 off 12 hour rotating shift. The day shift is 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. (Friday morning - Thursday evening), 1 week off, then night shift just the opposite (Thursday evening thru Thursday morning).:
- Monitoring operation of the NCC (remote site data collection, central computer operation, data distribution and uplinking) and responding to data alarm conditions.
- Able to work rotating shifts in a 24/7 environment.
- Fault isolating and resolution using internal and external resources.
- Documenting all alarm conditions and actions.
- Performing data archiving and plotting tasks.
- Collating system performance statistics and assisting in the production of tables and graphs for reporting and system analyses.
- Providing assistance during additions or changes to either the NCC or remote site computer and data communications equipment.
- Assisting in the coordination of planned system outages with communications service providers and Fugro clients to minimize disruption to Fugro Satellite Positioning, Inc. services.
- Assisting, where appropriate, with the preparation of Fugro Data Network documentation and reports.
- Assisting in the maintenance and updating of NCC Operational Procedures.
- Proposing new methods of operations for the NCC to improve productivity.
- Provides customer support as appropriate.
- Promptly responding to telephone calls, faxes, emails and their redistribution as required.
- Observing NCC security and safety measures.
- Creating brief memos, emails and occasional drawings using established office software.
- College coursework in Information Technology; Background in computer networking systems or computer science preferred. (Fresh Graduates are encouraged to apply)
- Computer networking with other computer systems
- Good computer literacy and competence in the use of common office software packages like Windows and Linux operating systems
As the world’s largest integrator of geotechnical, survey, subsea and geosciences services, we offer talented individuals almost unlimited growth potential.
As a Fugro employee, you will get to work with talented people on a global scale who contribute as a team to our corporate strategy. Additionally, you will have access to ongoing training and development which will sharpen your skills and broaden your knowledge and abilities.
This combination of experience, ongoing training and development, and working with great people will allow you to grow your career and explore new opportunities with Fugro around the globe.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.