The Laboratory Technician is tasked with ensuring efficient and correct collection, testing, analysis, and evaluation of geotechnical data for soil and rock report data and findings that support the business' studies and customer deliverables. This individual must be able to multi-task with accuracy, track samples internally and maintain data management software platforms and data entry.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform and compute basic soil strength and index tests with high proficiency
- Observe and follow all company safety rules and procedures.
- Support and encourage continuous improvement of the company’s processes, including safety program and quality management system.
- Knowledge and understanding of various ASTM testing procedures.
- Complete basic soil strength and index tests following detailed instructions.
- Able to assist senior technician in completing more complex testing.
- Maintain laboratory facilities and assist in maintenance of test equipment.
- Assist in determining appropriateness of soil samples for testing.
- Accurately summarize test results in report form for analysis by engineering staff.
- Perform clerical functions as required, meet administrative documents deadlines.
- Be able to travel as required, both domestically and internationally.
- Meet all utilization goals as determined by Activity Center Manager or supervisor.
- Communicate tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Maintain effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Execute work duties in an organized and efficient manner.
- Maintain organized and clean work area.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions
- Possess current driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Possess or be able to obtain valid passport.
- 1-year experience in soil testing and testing equipment is preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; Associate degree is preferred.
- Have knowledge of soil classification techniques
- Be able to utilize testing equipment, able to perform laboratory equipment checks and calibrations in accordance with company procedures.
- Have good math skills
- Have good mechanical aptitude
- Be able to perform office work, position self at desk, use computer keyboard and required software and office equipment.
- Familiarity with modern office methods, practices, procedures and equipment, as well as filing systems and business letter writing and competent in correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
- Perform heavy work -- exerting up to 50 pounds of force constantly, or a moderate amount of force constantly to move objects
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity):
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
As the world’s largest integrator of geotechnical, survey, subsea and geosciences services, we offer talented individuals almost unlimited growth potential.
As a Fugro employee, you will get to work with talented people on a global scale who contribute as a team to our corporate strategy. Additionally, you will have access to ongoing training and development which will sharpen your skills and broaden your knowledge and abilities.
This combination of experience, ongoing training and development, and working with great people will allow you to grow your career and explore new opportunities with Fugro around the globe.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO is the law poster
EEO is the law supplement poster