The Project Manager of Construction Materials Engineering and Testing (CMET) is responsible for supervising engineering technicians and managing Construction Material Engineering and Testing projects. This individual will also be responsible for business development efforts for CMET services.
- Train, coordinate, and manage engineering field technicians.
- Devise and implement (with approval) new CMET reporting forms consistent with computer / word processing capabilities.
- Organize and review test and inspection reports.
- Prepare proposals for CMET projects.
- Follow QMS procedures and implement where required.
- Be responsible for invoicing and invoice collection.
- Manage progress of CMET projects.
- Establish new clients and maintain existing clients.
- Assist the Division Manager in Updating and expanding the capabilities of material testing department.
- Capable in handling internal and external QMS and HSE auditors for laboratory inspections.
- Act as a consultant to clients in the use of new materials for construction and in the forensics of construction problems related to materials or techniques utilized.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the state of Texas required
- NICET certification strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of applicable project management experience necessary; management of CMET projects required
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university in related field is required; Master’s degree from accredited college or university in related field is preferred.
- Possess current driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Currently hold or can obtain a valid US Passport
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally
- Familiarity with various ASTM standards preferred.
- Knowledge of construction materials testing procedures.
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
As the world’s largest integrator of geotechnical, survey, subsea and geosciences services, we offer talented individuals almost unlimited growth potential.
As a Fugro employee, you will get to work with talented people on a global scale who contribute as a team to our corporate strategy. Additionally, you will have access to ongoing training and development which will sharpen your skills and broaden your knowledge and abilities.
This combination of experience, ongoing training and development, and working with great people will allow you to grow your career and explore new opportunities with Fugro around the globe.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO is the law poster
EEO is the law supplement poster