Key tasks & Responsibilities:
- Source, assess, qualify, develop & manage suppliers to support the operation of fleets.
- Assessment of current and potential suppliers in terms of supplier's technical competence and commercial risks
- Manage the purchasing of technical goods and services according to the standards, policy and procedures.
- Purchase consumables, parts, fuel, lubricating oil and services etc for the vessels in accordance with the Fleet Management system;
- Effectively manage RFQ, price inquiries, quotations, negotiation, purchase orders and contracting out assignments;
- Select and continuously evaluate suppliers, contractors and other service suppliers;
- Ensure that materials are delivered to your vessels in the most efficient manner, in good condition and within the agreed time limit, and effectively deal with any returns.
We are looking for a tactical buyer who has purchasing running through their veins and who:
- Minimum Diploma holder with 3 years of relevant working experience
- Possess knowledge of the Maritime market and with own network preferred
- Enjoys negotiating and making contracts;
- Works independently and pro-actively;
- Demonstrates ownership and has a sense of responsibility;
- Can work fast and accurately at operational level;
- Has a helicopter view;
- Is convincing, adaptable and persistent;
- Is highly service-minded, both to internal and to external customers;
- Has a background in Technical Engineering, Logistics or Supply Chain Management.
As the world’s largest integrator of geotechnical, survey, subsea and geosciences services, we offer talented individuals almost unlimited growth potential.
Working at Fugro will offer you the potential to work with talented people on a global scale who contribute as a team to our corporate strategy. Additionally, you will have access to ongoing training and development which will sharpen your skills and broaden your knowledge and abilities.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your CV and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.