The Driller will be responsible for moving, set up and operation drilling rigs and related equipment to drill holes for geotechnical exploration test boring. This position is advertised for geotechnical drilling (soil and rock sampling). We operate CME 55 and CME 75 types of drilling rigs. This field is not relevant to shale fracking Work will be predominantly located in the greater Dallas/Ft. Worth area.
- Operation of CME 55 and CME 75 drilling rigs.
- Perform various techniques of drilling including auger drilling, mud rotary, air rotary, carbide bit coring, and diamond bit coring.
- Perform various types of soil and rock sampling including standard penetration test, Texas cone penetration, and Shelby tubes.
- Field and yard operations of rig, i.e. handling drill pipe, mixing drill mud, and use of other related equipment such as electric and gas welding.
- Mobilization and demobilization of drill rig trucks for job sites.
- Direct helper in drilling under various conditions and to obtain soil and rock samples.
- Be responsible for the safe operation of equipment and the crew personnel.
- Be responsible for obtaining field samples and data as requested by engineers and clients.
- Perform routine maintenance of the drilling rigs.
- Direct and/or assist the Helper in cleaning and maintenance of the drilling rig and its associated equipment to ensure safe operational conditions.
- Responsible for installing and monitoring instrumentation associated with drilling operations.
- Be responsible for coordinating and preparing equipment and supplies for drilling assignments.
- Prepare future field equipment and supply needs.
- Reconnaissance of the project site to determine locations, site access, equipment needs and performs other duties to complete the assignment.
- Observe and follow all company core values, safety rules, and procedures.
- Support and encourage continuous improvement of the company's processes, including safety program and quality management system.
- Responsible for client satisfaction and controlling job related costs.
- Familiar with and follow DOT and IFTA regulations.
- Complete work assignment in a safe and timely manner
- Complete proper job paperwork in a timely manner.
- Communicate tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Work well with supervisors and other professionals as a team.
- Maintain effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Meet all utilization goals.
- Be able to travel extensively (required).
- Maintain organized and clean work area.
- Comes to work regularly and on time.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work while under stress.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally Authorized to work in the United States, Without restrictions
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 to 10 years of experience in relevant field.
- Experience and knowledge on various types of drilling equipment and techniques.
- Familiarity with the geology of DFW area.
- Ability to classify soils and rock samples on-site.
- Good mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Must be equipment oriented and understand mechanics of drilling machinery.
- Required to lift heavy equipment and materials, often in excess of 100 lbs.
- Possess current driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Must have current CDL driver’s license with motor vehicle record in compliance with Company and DOT policies
- Current state Driller’s License is preferred.
- Ability to install groundwater monitoring well, piezometers, and inclinometers is preferred.
- Able to complete OSHA 29CFR1910.120 40 Hour course and appropriate refreshers and other safety courses by written exam
- Must be in good physical condition, able to work in all weather conditions, and capable of wearing appropriate health and safety equipment, including but not limited to a respirator.
- Must be physically fit to work in strenuous manual labor position with possible hazardous waste exposure. Must able be able to meet physical parameters of Environmental (Type IV) physical.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills, including verbal, written and basic math skills.
- Have good Supervisory skills.
- Able to pass random and annual drug screens with negative results.
- Background check results must be acceptable for entrance to government sites and chemical plants, and acceptable for issuance of TWIC card.
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
As the world’s largest integrator of geotechnical, survey, subsea and geosciences services, we offer talented individuals almost unlimited growth potential.
As a Fugro employee, you will get to work with talented people on a global scale who contribute as a team to our corporate strategy. Additionally, you will have access to ongoing training and development which will sharpen your skills and broaden your knowledge and abilities.
This combination of experience, ongoing training and development, and working with great people will allow you to grow your career and explore new opportunities with Fugro around the globe.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or email@example.com.
EEO is the law poster
EEO is the law supplement poster