The Business Development Manager (BDM) will represent the full suite of products and services for the land and property service line (survey and mapping) for Fugro USA Land, Inc.
The BDM is responsible for presenting Fugro capabilities, developing technical and costs proposals, tenders, and developing sales in new sales territories. This position requires the BDM to work cooperatively with a team of employees on proposal language development, collateral materials, and project estimating. It is expected of the role to have full knowledge of his/her region with regards to business opportunities and upcoming potential contracts while maintaining a positive relationship with company’s existing and new clients.
This position can be completed successfully remotely and will require extensive travel, both domestic and international.
- Identify new areas of opportunity within a defined territory
- Conduct business development activities such as client visits, brown bag seminars, presentations, phone calls, and attend industry related trade shows
- Support business development strategy
- Develop and maintain rapport with new and existing clients for future business development and/or referrals
- Identify new clients and develop relationships with them to discover potential areas of growth
- Track client feedback information and ensure commitments to clients are met
- Record interactions with clients and distribute relevant client or opportunity information internally
- Use smart pricing techniques during client visits and presentations
- Work closely with internal staff on development of proposals
- Express benefits vs features during all client facing interactions
- Authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions
- Bachelors’ degree of equivalent in Business, Geography Remote Sensing, GIS, Lidar and/or related fields
- Minimum 10 years of experience in sales of surveying, mapping and/or remote sensing services required
- Certified Photogrammetrist (CP), Land Surveyor (PLS) or Certified Mapping Scientist – Remote Sensing, GIS, Lidar or UAS or equivalent preferred but not required.
- Ability to travel extensively, both domestic and international
- Outstanding interpersonal, communications and presentation skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and function effectively in a dynamic environment, addressing multiple demands of production, clients, and affiliates
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; experience with CRM tools
- Strong negotiation skills
- Effective time management skills
- Work is conducted primarily in an office setting and at customer locations
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or email@example.com.
EEO is the law poster
EEO is the law supplement poster