The Project Engineer will be responsible for performing engineering analysis and developing geotechnical design and construction recommendations. These assignments require application of standard or advanced geotechnical investigation techniques, analyses, procedures, and criteria.
- Assist Senior Engineers in completion of projects and other operational tasks.
- Develop subsurface data acquisition programs.
- Perform engineering analysis and develop geotechnical design and construction recommendations.
- Prepare and review engineering reports.
- Prepare and review cost estimates and proposals.
- Plan, schedule, and manage detailed phases of a project of moderate complexity or relevant work in a part of a major project.
- With supervision, perform work that may include a variety of complex features, such as complex design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, and difficult coordination requirements.
- Prepare accurate invoices and collect fees from clients in a timely manner.
- This is not a supervisory role. However, coordinate the work of staff engineers, drafts persons, technicians, and others who assist in specific assignments.
- Execute work duties in an organized and efficient manner.
- Work independently or with minimal supervision on most projects.
- Maintain close relationship with clients throughout project and beyond.
- Communicate tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Maintain effective work relationship with other professionals.
- Work well with supervisors and other professionals as a team.
- Stay abreast of current professional practices and technological advancements.
- Maintain meaningful involvement in professional organizations.
- Support and encourage continuous improvement of the company’s processes, including the safety program and quality management system.
- Observe and follow all company core values, safety rules, and procedures.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions
- 5+ years of experience in geotechnical engineering consulting
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university is required.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Civil Engineering with emphasis on Geotechnical Engineering from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- Professional Engineering License in Texas is required.
- Possess or can obtain a US Passport
- Ability to travel, both domestic and international
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence
- Ability to present information and ideas, as well as respond to questions in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Advanced knowledge of computer operations including Microsoft Office and other engineering programs.
- Possess current driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
As the world’s largest integrator of geotechnical, survey, subsea and geosciences services, we offer talented individuals almost unlimited growth potential.
As a Fugro employee, you will get to work with talented people on a global scale who contribute as a team to our corporate strategy. Additionally, you will have access to ongoing training and development which will sharpen your skills and broaden your knowledge and abilities.
This combination of experience, ongoing training and development, and working with great people will allow you to grow your career and explore new opportunities with Fugro around the globe.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or email@example.com.
EEO is the law poster
EEO is the law supplement poster