The Principal Engineer will perform independently on projects of standard to moderate complexity and scope by coordinating and supervising lower level professionals in the completion of the project. This individual will be responsible for the supervision of site investigations and laboratory programs. The Principal Engineer must have a proven track record in business development and generating work with specific expertise in at least one market sector in the LA Basin
- Have a strong seller-doer attitude with ability to develop business and generate work in at least one market sector in the LA Basin market
- Responsible for team of four to six engineers and engineering assistants on a project basis.
- Perform independently on projects of standard to moderate complexity and scope.
- Plan and conduct standard assignments requiring independent judgment in the selection of techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Coordinate standard to complex field and laboratory operations and programs, solving most problems that arise and, if necessary, performing technical or special testing that may be requested or required to meet project needs.
- Supervise and review lower level engineer’s field and laboratory instructions, design parameters, methods of analysis, calculations, and draft report text and illustrations.
- Independently evaluates and develops foundation soil parameters.
- Independently evaluates, selects, performs and checks standard engineering analyses.
- Monitors project budgets, schedules and performance against KPIs
- Assist in preparation of invoices for projects he/she is performing and supervising.
- Assist in training of lower level professionals and review time and expense sheets of project professional under their supervision.
- Leads engineering and advanced laboratory testing proposals and establish project pricing
- Adheres to quality management system and complies with HSE requirements.
- Perform market maintenance, prepare administrative reports, and perform other duties as assigned.
- Legally authorized to work in United States without restrictions.
- MS in Civil Engineering or equivalent required, advanced degree preferred
- 15+ years of industry experience as a Senior/Principal Engineer in site investigations within the greater Los Angeles market
- Possess Professional Engineer (PE) and Geotechnical Engineer (GE) in California
- Possess current driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the basics of technical specialty
- Well-developed writing, speaking, and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced knowledge of technology including standard office and engineering software and equipment.
- A general knowledge of sales, pricing, and negotiations
- Travelling (within California) may be require
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
As the world’s largest integrator of geotechnical, survey, subsea and geosciences services, we offer talented individuals almost unlimited growth potential.
As a Fugro employee, you will get to work with talented people on a global scale who contribute as a team to our corporate strategy. Additionally, you will have access to ongoing training and development which will sharpen your skills and broaden your knowledge and abilities.
This combination of experience, ongoing training and development, and working with great people will allow you to grow your career and explore new opportunities with Fugro around the globe.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or email@example.com.
EEO is the law poster
EEO is the law supplement poster