The Business Development Manager will be responsible for handling outside marketing efforts and identifying opportunities for business expansion and growth. This individual must have a strong understanding of architectural and infrastructure marketing in the Southern California region and have an in depth understanding of geotechnical engineering and construction materials testing.
- Identify, contact and inform existing and prospective clients of services available through Fugro
- Maintain network of contacts in architectural, geotechnical engineering and construction materials testing markets area for the purposes of finding project leads, identifying market trends and having general and detailed knowledge of geotechnical engineering and construction materials testing markets.
- Gain understanding of clients’ business needs, identify success factors and service requirements and incorporate into well-conceived account plans.
- Create and develop internal and external communications related to business development;
- Create strategic business development plan to promote Fugro’s visibility
- Demonstrate strong ability to coordinate and collaborate among different parties to satisfy company and client needs.
- Become acquainted with other Fugro operating companies that provide complementary services to common clients.
- Introduce Fugro engineers, scientists and senior technicians to client representatives seeking specific services or assistance.
- Regularly communicate progress being made via trip reports, sales reports, and activity summaries.
- Keep current on competitive moves by other service providers and competitors.
- Schedule, facilitate and lead presentations to clients.
- Meet all utilization goals as determined by supervisor.
- Observe and follow all company safety rules and procedures.
- Support and encourage continuous improvement of the company’s processes, including safety program and quality management system.
- Communicate tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Legally authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions
- Possess a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel internationally (ability to acquire passport or visa)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, civil engineering, geotechnical engineering or other technical degree preferred, with educational and/or career experience in communications and marketing
- Minimum of 5 years of sales/business development experience within the architecture, geotechnical or engineering markets required
- Understand geotechnical engineering and construction materials testing markets within geotechnical, nuclear and construction materials testing market sectors, including site exploration & soils/environmental laboratory testing highly desired
- Society of Marketing Professional Services (SMPS) certificate encouraged
- Demonstrate proficiency with computers and software
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
As the world’s largest integrator of geotechnical, survey, subsea and geosciences services, we offer talented individuals almost unlimited growth potential.
As a Fugro employee, you will get to work with talented people on a global scale who contribute as a team to our corporate strategy. Additionally, you will have access to ongoing training and development which will sharpen your skills and broaden your knowledge and abilities.
This combination of experience, ongoing training and development, and working with great people will allow you to grow your career and explore new opportunities with Fugro around the globe.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO is the law poster
EEO is the law supplement poster