The System Operator operates the FLI-MAP systems for field data collection utilizing airborne FLI-MAP data collection platforms. This individual provides electronic and maintenance support services to field crew assigned to FLI-MAP survey operations.
- Operates the FLI-MAP systems on board a helicopter collecting data; operates conventional survey data collection systems.
- Performs routine maintenance on the FLI-MAP systems including calibration and/or testing; assists Systems Engineer in maintenance tasks.
- Responsible for mounting, monitoring and dismounting the system on helicopter of opportunity.
- Assists in planning daily field operations. Documents all daily flight information.
- Completes daily data transfer from the airborne system to the field data processor. Assists with helicopter/airport logistics for field projects; coordinates as required with the helicopter pilot.
- Assists with data QA/QC. Adheres to all company policies and procedures. Performs other duties or completes special projects as assigned.
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions
- Possess current driver's license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Possess or be able to obtain valid passport
- High school diploma and at least one-year marine or land surveying experience with a working knowledge of computer maintenance and/or repair; computer skills are required.
- Preferred experience includes working with electronics, GPS equipment and GPS data collection processes; geodesy, datums and coordinate systems.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds; occasionally lift and/or move up between 25 and 50 pounds.
- Specific vision capabilities required by this job includes close, distance, color and peripheral vision; depth perception and ability to adjust focus is also required.
- This position requires extensive traveling, some international. The work is primarily performed in the field and will include 6 -8 hours/day of flight time in a helicopter collecting data, with additional time required each day to perform other support tasks.
- Because of the necessity for an employee in this position to ride and work in a helicopter, heights and weight restrictions may apply.
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
As the world’s largest integrator of geotechnical, survey, subsea and geosciences services, we offer talented individuals almost unlimited growth potential.
As a Fugro employee, you will get to work with talented people on a global scale who contribute as a team to our corporate strategy. Additionally, you will have access to ongoing training and development which will sharpen your skills and broaden your knowledge and abilities.
This combination of experience, ongoing training and development, and working with great people will allow you to grow your career and explore new opportunities with Fugro around the globe.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO is the law poster
EEO is the law supplement poster