The Project Accountant/Senior Project Accountant will support the Business Controller with Finance Business Partnering and project control for the organization. This role is expected to deliver meaningful, accurate and timely management reporting & analysis on business performance and supports execution of financial planning. Also, this person will be the point of contact for questions pertaining to the planning process, management reporting and business analysis.
- Prepares monthly invoices, budgets and project management reports.
- Prepares project related journal entries for month / year end close.
- Provides accurate and timely accounting, reporting and project information for assigned projects.
- Sets up and maintains projects on an in-house accounting system according to contract terms.
- Tracks and inputs budget data for assigned projects.
- Prepares, codes and inputs project invoices.
- Answers project inquiries from staff, vendors or clients, and communicates financial information to project managers.
- Maintains digital project accounting files.
- Reviews project contracts and additional service requests to understand the financial requirements for each project.
- Analyzes costs reports and meets frequently with the Business Partner and Project Managers to review status of projects for invoicing, profitability, earnings, cost and cash flow.
- Ensures that projects are reasonable and recognize revenue using the POC method per IFRS standards.
- Works independently to research and resolve issues.
- May provide accounting support to other staff as needed.
- May be asked to train, educate or guide non-financial staff on accounting procedures.
- Be able to travel as required.
- Observes and follows all company safety rules and procedures.
- Support and encourage continuous improvement of the company's processes, including safety program and quality management system.
- Maintain effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Come to work regularly and on time.
- Execute work duties in an organized and efficient manner.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Able to work while under pressure.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without restrictions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Familiar with modern office methods, practices, procedures and equipment, as well as filing systems and business letter writing and competent in correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and advance arithmetic.
- Possess current driver's license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel.
- Ability to learn new software quickly.
- Ability to treat information in a confidential manner.
- Competencies: accurate, independent, organized, pro-active, service minded, team player.
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for the senior level opportunity depending on education, experience, and skill level.
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
As the world’s largest integrator of geotechnical, survey, subsea and geosciences services, we offer talented individuals almost unlimited growth potential.
As a Fugro employee, you will get to work with talented people on a global scale who contribute as a team to our corporate strategy. Additionally, you will have access to ongoing training and development which will sharpen your skills and broaden your knowledge and abilities.
This combination of experience, ongoing training and development, and working with great people will allow you to grow your career and explore new opportunities with Fugro around the globe.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO is the law poster
EEO is the law supplement poster