Position Overview: The Customer Support Technician will use analytical and problem-solving skills to support all software used in processing data collected by a Fugro's ARAN (Automatic Road Analyzer) vehicles as part of the ARAN line of Products and Solutions, including but not limited to Vision, iVision, and ARAN Collection Software Product lines.
- Develop a thorough, end-to-end understanding of Fugro's data collection abilities and data analysis procedures, including technical specs and limitations
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of clients’ business environments, technical needs, usability needs, and training needs
- Evolve training programs and end-to-end solutions that will work for the client
- Develop training approaches and strategies to enable clients to become effective users of our technology products quickly
- Communicate effectively with internal subject matter experts to extract information to develop documentation
- Write and update software documentation and training materials, including Word documents, PowerPoint documents, videos, websites, and online demos
- Update and maintain user documentation and training materials
- Create test documentation and perform some software testing
- Create training and learning materials (videos/manuals/programs) for Operators, Analysts and Customers on new or revised applications or procedures as they relate to implementing and operating the solution
- Translate business specifications into user documentation
- Participate in software and solution design reviews
- Provide technical support services to Fugro's Products customers as well as in-house.
- Provide email, web and telephone support.
- Provide on-site support as needed (with little notice) and organizing applicable travel arrangements.
- Coordinate spare parts sales and delivery.
- Coordinate the return and repair of defective equipment.
- Install upgrades of software on existing customers as required.
- Provide feedback and non-conformance issues in the form of ECR’s, NCR’s and Corrective actions to other departments to improve product reliability and quality.
- Provide on-site training services. Perform work in accordance with contract requirements and quality standards to achieve customer acceptance.
- Provide training to end users of Fugro Roadware hardware and software products.
- Maintain proper documentation of customer contact information and customer hardware and software configurations/versions using SalesForce database.
- Support the introduction of new products.
- Log customer issues in SalesForce.
- Promote the renewal of annual service agreements.
- Seek out revenue growth opportunities with customers through the offering of additional services, upgrades, additional systems, etc.
Education & Qualifications:
- Engineering, computer science, or similar technical degree OR 2-3 years of relevant experience
- You must be able to successfully pass the Criminal Background Check and Driver’s Abstract.
- Must have valid Canadian Passport
- Pavement management knowledge would be an asset. Experience with ISO 9001 requirements would be an asset
- Experience with Salesforce is a strong asset
- Strong technical writing and editing skills
- Excellent verbal communications skills, and the ability to obtain buy-in for ideas
- Excellent listening skills; Proven ability to analyze client environments and to develop optimal solutions and training approaches
- Strong teamwork skills including motivation, negotiation, and issue resolution
- Excellent problem solving ability, process analysis skills, and proven data analysis skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to develop and prioritize documentation project plans and timelines
- Strong computer skills and fluency with standard office applications
- Ability to be flexible and to take on other project tasks as assigned to ensure client success
- Have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the software development field
- Competency and experience in SQL would be a strong asset
- Knowledge of documentation standards
- Career ambition and the desire to make a difference
- Ability to cope with unexpected changes in a day’s plan and attention to detail in completing required records accurately and on time. Ability and desire to work as part of a team as well an ability
- Strong working knowledge of measurement systems and video image capture systems.
- Able to deal effectively and professionally with customers in dealing with support issues, on-site work, commercial matters.
- A strong working knowledge of Windows operating systems (including, but not limited to Windows XP, Windows Server, and Window 7).
- Extensive experience with communication and network protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.)
- A positive attitude and enthusiastic team player.
- Willingness and ability to travel on short notice and extended period of time.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license as well as a Canadian Passport.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally up to 35-40% of the time.
- Be aware of and adhere to the safety policies and procedures of the company.
- Participate and meet requirements of HSE training as per Health and Safety Training Matrix.
As the world’s largest integrator of geotechnical, survey, subsea and geosciences services, we offer talented individuals almost unlimited growth potential.
As a Fugro employee, you will get to work with talented people on a global scale who contribute as a team to our corporate strategy. Additionally, you will have access to ongoing training and development which will sharpen your skills and broaden your knowledge and abilities.
This combination of experience, ongoing training and development, and working with great people will allow you to grow your career and explore new opportunities with Fugro around the globe.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.