Job Posting End date: 25 September 2020.
Fugro are seeking a UK Consulting Manager to lead the Geoconsulting department based in our Wallingford, Oxfordshire office.
The Geoconsulting Department is a dynamic and integral team to the Fugro UK and Global Site Characterisation business, providing services including geotechnical drilling, laboratory testing, cone penetration testing, monitoring and geophysics. The team is involved in most major infrastructure projects in the UK related to rail, road, nuclear, and flood defence.
As UK Consulting Manager, you will be responsible for delivering Fugro’s Land Consulting Service Line (UK) profit and loss plan in line with UK and regional strategies in-order to deliver profitable growth for Fugro. You will lead this Service Line with support from Operations, Commercial and Proposal Managers ensuring alignment of activities with UK and Service Line goals.
This job is for you if:
- You aspire to be involved in and contribute to meaningful projects and have a respectable mix of geo-technical background and managerial experience, coupled with a consulting mindset.
- You have a good understanding of geotechnical markets and site investigation techniques, with a creative approach to solving clients’ issues by leveraging internal expertise.
- You are adept at spotting opportunities for growth in the current market and can lead the team to develop these opportunities as appropriate.
Who you’ll be working with:
You will work closely with principal consultants in geological, geotechnical and geoenvironmental disciplines as well as with the Management Team (Marketing, Commercial, Proposals, HR, QHSSE and Finance) whilst maintaining a close link to the Country Business Line Manager.
Here’s what a typical day would be like:
- Managing the profit and loss of the Country Geoconsulting Service Line activities, while supporting the overall profitability of the Country Business Line.
- Managing the Service Line and assigned resources to achieve optimal utilisation
- Managing a portfolio of client projects within financial budgets, whilst remaining compliant with specification and contractual programme dates
- Actively performing client visits to develop new business which leads to profitable contracts
- Reviewing and initiating recruitment of Service Line staff where required
- Supporting tender strategies which span across Service Lines, in conjunction with other Service Line Managers and the Strategic Sales & Marketing Manager and ensuring that client concerns are addressed in novel ways, bringing value for both them and Fugro.
Who we’re looking for:
- A BSc or BEng or equivalent qualification in Engineering geology/ Soil Mechanics/ Geotechnics/ Geoenvironmental engineering or related subjects.
- Extensive experience in Project Management, Business Development and Proposal Management
- Proven experience in a client engagement role in Consulting or Site Characterisation (Land or Marine)
- Strong experience of managing project or consulting teams
- Computer literate in Microsoft office and major geo modelling software.
- An MSc or equivalent qualification in Engineering geology/ Soil Mechanics/ Geotechnics/ Geoenvironmental engineering or related subjects.
- Chartered Civil Engineer or equivalent
What we’ll offer you:
Benefits of this role include a competitive salary accompanied by an attractive package including contributory pension scheme, life assurance, 20 days annual leave, private medical insurance and subsidised colleague restaurant
As the world’s largest integrator of geotechnical, survey, subsea and geosciences services, we offer talented individuals almost unlimited growth potential.
As a Fugro employee, you will get to work with talented people on a global scale who contribute as a team to our corporate strategy. Additionally, you will have access to ongoing training and development which will sharpen your skills and broaden your knowledge and abilities.
This combination of experience, ongoing training and development, and working with great people will allow you to grow your career and explore new opportunities with Fugro around the globe.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.