The Survey Party Chief supervises project fieldwork or project stages, ensuring that the agreed work is carried out efficiently, such that the technical, commercial, contractual, financial and QHSE requirements are met. The Party Chief must be capable of planning, organizing, managing, coordination, leading, motivating, delegating and communication to achieve optimum balance between costs, time and quality and between costs, benefits and risks.
- Manages the daily operations of multiple survey field crews in completion of various survey project types.
- Directs the use of all satellite and conventional survey equipment utilized in completion of field survey projects.
- Maintains clear, detailed field notes.
- Communicates with the client in the field on behalf of the company.
- Completes and submits all required paperwork.
- Reviews field collected survey data to ensure project requirements are met.
- Trains and mentors subordinate survey crew personnel in the use of all equipment and procedures.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties or completes special projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma and 3-5 years' experience in land surveying with one of those years in a Party Chief role required; or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Strenuous physical effort carrying equipment/walking through rough terrain; working in water environment, usually inland waters.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands to finder, feel, or handle. The employee is regularly required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
?Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
As the world’s largest integrator of geotechnical, survey, subsea and geosciences services, we offer talented individuals almost unlimited growth potential.
As a Fugro employee, you will get to work with talented people on a global scale who contribute as a team to our corporate strategy. Additionally, you will have access to ongoing training and development which will sharpen your skills and broaden your knowledge and abilities.
This combination of experience, ongoing training and development, and working with great people will allow you to grow your career and explore new opportunities with Fugro around the globe.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO is the law poster
EEO is the law supplement poster