The Survey Technician in responsible for the preparation, set-up, testing and maintenance of tools and equipment used to acquire Geo-data, executing tests and delivering Geo-data. This individual will operate relevant systems safely and effectively when undertaking operations. You are tasked with providing field operational survey services as assigned in support of land-based survey projects.
- Operates and maintains conventional and satellite survey equipment for completion of survey projects.
- Assists Survey Party Chief in daily operations of survey crews.
- Assumes certain Survey Party Chief responsibilities in leading survey crews on projects when assigned.
- Collects data on various types of jobs, to include: topo work, pipeline, water and boundary.
- Performs survey calculations.
- Cuts brush and trees to clear line of sight for survey.
- Drives company vehicles to transport equipment and crew.
- Loads and unloads equipment from vehicle at work locations.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties or completes special projects as assigned.
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the United States, Without restrictions
- Possess current driver's license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- High School Diploma and 2-3 years' experience in land surveying or related field required; or, equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before
groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- To perform this job successfully, knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software is required, such as Microsoft Office products.
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO is the law poster
EEO is the law supplement poster