The Geotechnical Consultant will provide assistance and expertise in management of engineering geological and geotechnical investigations.
- Assist in management of Engineering geological and geotechnical investigations;
- Communicate directly with clients, contractors and regulators and negotiate changes to ensure requirements are met;
- Provide consultancy services to project teams;
- Aid Principal Consultant in preparation of large size desk-study and interpretative reports, including geotechnical evaluation and design for large and complex developments or site;
- Assist in the preparation of factual and interpretative ground investigation reports;
- Log soil and rock in accordance with various standards and company logging procedures;
- Knowledge of ground investigation procedures and design ground investigations;
- Knowledge of foundation designs;
- Ensure familiarity with laboratory testing methods and application of results including the scheduling of tests;
- Develop and administer laboratory testing programmes;
- Check field data, prepare and submit engineering logs and records.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience required:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline or equivalent in education and experience;
- Post Graduate qualification in Geotechnical or closely related discipline would be advantageous
- An understanding of data integration and development of 3D engineering geological ground models using the knowledge of GIS and geological modelling software;
- Familiarity with standard geotechnical software for shallow and deep foundation assessments and design;
- A working knowledge of the type of the plant and equipment in use for routine and specialist ground investigation;
- A high level of written and numeric skills;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Application of good commercial skills to ensure that the control of costs are optimized.
Role specific Behavioral competencies required:
- Problem-solving/Judgment: the ability to observe, think critically and to solve problems using data, analysis, interpretation, and reasoning skills;
- Teamwork: the proven dedication and ability to work successfully with others, adding value to the team. Share knowledge, develop new competences and coach junior personnel on assigned projects, proposals;
- Information and Communication: Communicates appropriately and effectively with a range of people on a variety of subjects in order to inform, educate or influence them. Processes and provides data / information to meet business requirements;
- Client Focus: the ability to identify, meet and sometimes exceed the needs and expectations of (external or internal) clients, resulting in (long-term) client satisfaction. Develop innovative approach to solving client challenges and materialize value proposition;
- Planning & Organizing: able to set priorities and determine actions, time and resources (tools, software, people, and budget as appropriate.) to achieve pre-defined goals. Monitor and manage timely delivery, leading to reliability and client satisfaction.
As the world’s largest integrator of geotechnical, survey, subsea and geosciences services, we offer talented individuals almost unlimited growth potential.
As a Fugro employee, you will get to work with talented people on a global scale who contribute as a team to our corporate strategy. Additionally, you will have access to ongoing training and development which will sharpen your skills and broaden your knowledge and abilities.
This combination of experience, ongoing training and development, and working with great people will allow you to grow your career and explore new opportunities with Fugro around the globe.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.