The Geotechnical Consultant will provide assistance and expertise in management of engineering geological and geotechnical investigations.
- Assist in management of Engineering geological and geotechnical investigations;
- Communicate directly with clients, contractors and regulators and negotiate changes to ensure requirements are met;
- Provide consultancy services to project teams;
- Aid Principal Consultant in preparation of large size desk-study and interpretative reports, including geotechnical evaluation and design for large and complex developments or site;
- Assist in the preparation of factual and interpretative ground investigation reports;
- Log soil and rock in accordance with various standards and company logging procedures;
- Knowledge of ground investigation procedures and design ground investigations;
- Knowledge of foundation designs;
- Ensure familiarity with laboratory testing methods and application of results including the scheduling of tests;
- Develop and administer laboratory testing programmes;
- Check field data, prepare and submit engineering logs and records.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience required:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline or equivalent in education and experience;
- Post Graduate qualification in Geotechnical or closely related discipline would be advantageous
- An understanding of data integration and development of 3D engineering geological ground models using the knowledge of GIS and geological modelling software;
- Familiarity with standard geotechnical software for shallow and deep foundation assessments and design;
- A working knowledge of the type of the plant and equipment in use for routine and specialist ground investigation;
- A high level of written and numeric skills;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Application of good commercial skills to ensure that the control of costs are optimized.
Role specific Behavioral competencies required:
- Problem-solving/Judgment: the ability to observe, think critically and to solve problems using data, analysis, interpretation, and reasoning skills;
- Teamwork: the proven dedication and ability to work successfully with others, adding value to the team. Share knowledge, develop new competences and coach junior personnel on assigned projects, proposals;
- Information and Communication: Communicates appropriately and effectively with a range of people on a variety of subjects in order to inform, educate or influence them. Processes and provides data / information to meet business requirements;
- Client Focus: the ability to identify, meet and sometimes exceed the needs and expectations of (external or internal) clients, resulting in (long-term) client satisfaction. Develop innovative approach to solving client challenges and materialize value proposition;
- Planning & Organizing: able to set priorities and determine actions, time and resources (tools, software, people, and budget as appropriate.) to achieve pre-defined goals. Monitor and manage timely delivery, leading to reliability and client satisfaction.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.