The Structural Geologist will provide structural geological data analysis and interpretation for various consulting projects across Saudi Arabia. The incumbent must have the ability to contribute to projects using a range of structural geological techniques and methodologies.
- Working on Structural (and Engineering) Field Mapping;
- Evaluating data using 3D geological and geotechnical modelling;
- Compilation of GIS database;
- Work on structural data interpretation;
- Conduct desktop studies and geo-hazard identification ;
- Train and mentor junior geologists;
- Structural and engineering geology report writing;
- Investigating the structure and evolution of the earth and its natural resources;
- Preferably possess field, wireline and seismic interpretation skills in geophysics.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Earth Sciences with structural geology or engineering geology focus; Master’s Degree will be advantageous
- 8 to 10 years’ engineering or structural geology experience depending on highest qualification achieved, exploration geology experience will be advantageous
- Good computer skills in related packages (MS Project, Leapfrog/Micromine/Surpac, Dips, ArcGIS, Geosoft Suite, WellCAD, Rockworks, Prokon (advantage));
- A sound understanding of geological mapping principles;
- A strong understanding of structural geology;
- A good understanding of engineering geology or a willingness to learn;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Able to work independently, organise work under pressure and in a timely manner;
- Attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills are essential for this role;
- Fluent in English, Arabic proficiency will be advantageous;
- Technically inclined.
Role specific Behavioral competencies required:
- Problem-solving/Judgment: the ability to observe, think critically and to solve problems using data, analysis, interpretation, and reasoning skills;
- Teamwork: the proven dedication and ability to work successfully with others, adding value to the team. Share knowledge, develop new competences and coach junior personnel on assigned projects, proposals;
- Information and Communication: Communicates appropriately and effectively with a range of people on a variety of subjects in order to inform, educate or influence them. Processes and provides data / information to meet business requirements;
- Client Focus: the ability to identify, meet and sometimes exceed the needs and expectations of (external or internal) clients, resulting in (long-term) client satisfaction. Develop innovative approach to solving client challenges and materialize value proposition;
- Planning & Organizing: able to set priorities and determine actions, time and resources (tools, software, people, and budget as appropriate.) to achieve pre-defined goals. Monitor and manage timely delivery, leading to reliability and client satisfaction.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.