In order to build on our strong Fugro-KAUST partnership, Fugro-KAUST are looking for a Liaison Manager who is passionate and committed to embark on an exciting journey working at our Middle Eastern Center of Excellence (COE) for Marine Technology (based on the outskirts of Jeddah Saudi Arabia). This position gives you the opportunity to further build on your professional competencies, develop your personal network and prepare yourself for future career opportunities. We’re looking for an enthusiastic person who has a natural ability to establish and maintain relationships and who demonstrates un-questionable professionalism.
The Fugro-KAUST Liaison Manager has a key role to play within the COE and he\she, will be responsible (in consultation with Regional Director MSC (and Country Director Saudi Arabia)) for developing the strategic and commercial relationship whilst at the same time, aligning Fugro’s capabilities with KAUST’s short and long term visions. Critical to success in this role is the ability of the incumbent to work independently with significant strengths in: effective communication, networking and collaboration.
ORGANISATIONAL CONTEXT & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Liaison Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Development of current MOU to establish strategic partnerships with KAUST university and conglomerate (KAUST established 3rd party companies on campus)
- Delivery of MOU to KAUST and project management, communication and co-ordination of all Fugro Stakeholders (global, regional, local)
- Develop business and expand Fugro commercial footprint within KAUST and with KAUST ancillary companies and subsidiaries to leverage Fugro services in both Land and Marine.
- Coordinate all Fugro actions with KAUST internally, within the Middle East region and with Fugro Global Innovation teams
- Project management, delivery and commercialization of current and new R&D projects. (Innovation?)
- Development and implementation of new R&D partnerships – up to 5 per annum.
- Develop Business development and strong communication with PIF, NEOM and Red Sea (need to explain these as well).
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Marine operational, technical, engineering and environmental experience
- Project management (experience)
- Business Development, client facing experience (influencer)
- Business creation and innovation (proven experience)
- Strong communication skills to nurture strong, collaborative relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Marine seismic experience
- Engineering qualification
- Computing, fibre optics, remote algorithms and modelling
- Strong communication, networking and interpersonal skills
- Strong collaboration and team management skills
- Strong Project Management and problem solving skills
- Strong remote management and communication skills
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Strong computer, modelling and technology skills and evaluation
- Infectious passion
- Divergent thinker
- Creative and innovation driven
- Stamina and ability to work independently and alone
- Influence and charisma
- Humble and a team player
- English Fluent – must
- French – preferred
- Arabic – preferred
As the world’s largest integrator of geotechnical, survey, subsea and geosciences services, we offer talented individuals almost unlimited growth potential.
As a Fugro employee, you will get to work with talented people on a global scale who contribute as a team to our corporate strategy. Additionally, you will have access to ongoing training and development which will sharpen your skills and broaden your knowledge and abilities.
This combination of experience, ongoing training and development, and working with great people will allow you to grow your career and explore new opportunities with Fugro around the globe.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.