A Field Technician is trained to operate and maintain a multi computerized, sensor arrayed highway testing vehicle to collect data accurately while the ARAN is driven over test sections. A crew of two Field Technicians work together, alternating between driving and operating/monitoring the collection equipment. Responsibilities of a Field Technician include meeting data collection quotas accurately, daily vehicle and test equipment checks,
calibrations, operation, data QC checking, processing and storage, driving, completing scheduled maintenance and data shipments and associated administrative work.
- Travel to/from the project locations; transportation is provided
- Complete and pass all training modules and tasks required by a Field Technician in training within the time allotted, includes specific modules within the Field Technicians training plan
- Complete and log all daily vehicle and equipment checks required by the ARAN driver
- Drive the ARAN in an efficient, safe manner
- Follow navigation instructions from the ARAN operator during daily transit and testing
- Assist the main ARAN operator with the general maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of the equipment and truck
- Operate the ARAN systems using the control keyboards for data collection
- Assist with the general administrative and end of day procedures.
- Complete daily time and task logging
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions
- Graduate or Associates Degree in one or more of : Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Software or Computer Science, Civil Engineering, or equivalent and demonstrable work experience
- Skills to troubleshoot and repair electronic and mechanical equipment
- Eligible to work throughout the entire United States
- Advanced knowledge of Windows operating systems (including, but not limited to Windows 7)
- Strong working knowledge of computers and fluent in a variety of software applications
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and good driving record
- Pass a driver medical
- Pass defensive drivers course
- Pass road driving test (held at time of interview)
- Maintain a valid Passport
- Specialized training is provided for the operation, maintenance and repair of this vehicle to qualified candidates
- Extensive and constant travel is required for this position. The typical travel rotation is 30 days away from home, followed by 12 days off. Hotel, meals, and other business related expenses are covered by FugroRoadware
- Work conditions include working in confined areas (test vehicle) for long and contiguous work days. The test vehicle and immediate surrounding area is a smoke free work environment
- Position eligible for overtime pay
- You must be able to work well with others - Field Ops are required to work approximately 8-12 hours per day
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- A broad range of voluntary benefits
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan
As the world’s largest integrator of geotechnical, survey, subsea and geosciences services, we offer talented individuals almost unlimited growth potential.
Working at Fugro will offer you the potential to work with talented people on a global scale who contribute as a team to our corporate strategy. Additionally, you will have access to ongoing training and development which will sharpen your skills and broaden your knowledge and abilities.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO is the law poster
EEO is the law supplement poster