Our internships provide opportunities to learn and apply Land Geotechnical and Engineering skills. Successful candidates will receive diversified training through on-the-job assignments using the technical skills acquired in college. Assigned projects will develop the interns both technically and professionally. Each intern will be assigned a technical mentor and supervisor to ensure a productive and engaging assignment. Interns are typically matched to one of the service lines based on discipline. Within that service line, the intern will be responsible for completing one or more projects during the internship. The intern will work within established engineering and/or operations teams.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist project professionals with project execution including coordination of field exploration, assigning laboratory testing and performing analysis.
- Perform work assignments designed to develop professional work knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
- Perform engineering work around the process of acquiring, analyzing and interpreting geo-related data
- Works with management and supervisors to identify own learning and development needs and further develops own technical knowledge relative to Fugro’s core business.
- Complies with QMS and HSE requirements.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restrictions.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Geotechnical Engineering, Geophysics, Marine Technology, Geology, Computer Science, Oceanography (Physical), or closely related technical field.
- Current level in college: Sophomore through Senior or Graduate Student
- Expected graduation date: Fall 2020 through Spring/Fall 2023
- A minimum cumulative and Major GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Possess strong analytical/quantitative skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee or asylee. Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F (F1-Academic Student), G, H (H1-B), I, J, L, M (M1-Vocational Student), NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or email@example.com.
EEO is the law poster
EEO is the law supplement poster