This role assists the Chief Engineer in the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of the machinery, mechanical, and electrical systems on the vessel.
- Execute the safety and environmental policy on board.
- Comply with international legislation, flag state requirements, accepted industry standards, and Company decrees and contracts.
- Perform all assigned activities including maintenance, vessel conservation, cleaning, tidying and all Engine Room activities.
- 18 years of age.
- Authorized to work in the United States without restrictions.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or General education degree (GED).
- Fluent both in spoken and written English.
- At least 2 years in similar role as an oiler or motorman.
- Experience on Fugro Vessels as a plus.
The following valid certificates are a minimum requirement for this position:
- Certificate of Competence for the vessel.
- Flag state certificate.
- Flag state Seaman’s Book.
- Flag state Medical certificate.
- Basic training certificate.
- Proficiency In Survival Craft And Rescue Boats Certificate.
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
As the world’s largest integrator of geotechnical, survey, subsea and geosciences services, we offer talented individuals almost unlimited growth potential.
As a Fugro employee, you will get to work with talented people on a global scale who contribute as a team to our corporate strategy. Additionally, you will have access to ongoing training and development which will sharpen your skills and broaden your knowledge and abilities.
This combination of experience, ongoing training and development, and working with great people will allow you to grow your career and explore new opportunities with Fugro around the globe.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or email@example.com.
EEO is the law poster
EEO is the law supplement poster