Fugro is the world’s leading Geo-data specialist, collecting and analysing comprehensive information about the Earth and the structures built upon it. Through integrated data acquisition, analysis and advice, we unlock insights from Geo-data to help our clients design, build and operate their assets in a safe, sustainable and efficient manner.
One of the ways we do this is by developing and manufacturing our in-house designed Remote Operated Vehicles (ROVs). This is done in the Fugro ROV production and support facility in Loyang, Singapore. These ROVs are being used by Fugro operational teams and external clients around the world. ROV systems are used to conduct inspection, repair, maintenance and support work for the offshore Oil&Gas, infrastructure and renewables industries, in depths of up to 4000 meters of water.
Fugro is looking for a pro-active Quality Engineer to continually improve the quality of their deliverables. Due to the importance of the function the Quality Engineer will report directly to the Global ROV Production Manager. Day to day activities shall include the quality control of all incoming and outgoing products and working with the procurement team and supply chain to improve the quality of externally provided products and services.
- Performing incoming quality control of electrical and electronic items.
- Potential to expand skillset to conduct mechanical, hydraulic and hydrostatic testing.
- Final inspection and testing of our in-house developed electronic technology, such as PCB and other electrical components.
- Maintain test equipment calibration utilizing internal and external resources.
- Conducting supplier audits and work with our supply chain to improve quality standards.
- Work with procurement team to achieve best cost/quality from our supply chain.
- Analyze quality data and turn unsatisfactory quality related trends into improvement actions.
- Work with our document controller to ensure all quality data is accurate and securely stored
- Work with our engineering, mechanical, electrical and electronics teams to ensure quality of products is continually improved.
- Improve test procedures to include the latest testing technology and automation
- Analyze feedback from our user community support department and initiate quality improvements.
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis of non-conformities resulting from customer complaints, internal process issues or complaints to suppliers, implement and monitor corrective actions and record any concessions.
- Showcase Fugro foundations
- Good citizenship
- Safety Leadership
- Client Focus
- Teamwork & Communications
- Minimum Diploma or Degree in technical or engineering subject, preferably electronics engineering.
- Aptitude and enthusiasm to develop knowledge and acquire new skills.
- Preferred experience in quality related field including knowledge of BS EN ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
- Ability to analyze quality data, identify trends and create improvement plans.
- Ability to work remotely with oversees teams and clients
- Ability to represent Fugro’s interest when meeting suppliers?
- Report directly to global ROV production manager to ensure quality is independently assessed.
- Willingness to work flexibly until tasks are finished if required.
A career at Fugro means challenging work in an international environment. You work in motivated teams with colleagues from all over the world. As a market leader in geo-information, At Fugro, you are part of state-of-the-art subsea technology, software development and engineering for our clients. Fugro is an international company with a wide range of global career potential. Professional personal development is available from external training course providers and Fugro Academy which offers courses for over 10.000 employees.
- The possibility to develop though training courses, working on-site and offshore.
- Work with industry leading subsea technology.
- A young and dynamic team with flat and informal working culture.
- Work directly with the production center manager to improve the quality of deliverables
A career at Fugro means challenging work in an international environment. You work in motivated teams with colleagues from all over the world. As Fugro we are proud to provide geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions to contribute to a live-able world. As a market leader in geo-information, Fugro offers a unique combination of state of the art 3D technology, software development and engineering for our clients. Fugro is an international company with a wide range of global career potential.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.