Job Description/Role Profile
Job Title: Commercial Manager – Asset Integrity
Reports to: Business Line Manager – Asset Integrity
Direct reports: Commercial Staff / Tender Team
Job Function :
The Commercial Manager is responsible for all commercial activities for Asset Integrity in KSA including tendering and specific Asset Integrity business development. Responsible for cultivating good work relations and processes within the Fugro-Suhaimi commercial staff and between the various FSL Divisions and Countries.
- In conjunction with the Asset integrity Business Line Manager, oversee, develop and improve commercial activities within the Company’s management system, including but not limited to:
- Financial reporting and forecasting.
- Standardising and improving Tender process (including risk reviews, P+L forecasting and project handovers).
- Contractual review management including sub-contracting.
- Managing better integration of all Fugro service lines in respect to commercial activities.
- Work closely with all Business Development staff and Regional Service Line Managers to proactively market Fugro in existing & potential new markets throughout KSA, developing new business and clients in line with strategic objectives while championing “One Fugro” structure to clients. This includes improving client relations while becoming more aggressive in winning key large projects in KSA through:
- Identifying such projects at an early stage and agree “strategy to win”
- Positioning Fugro as a preferred contractor / supplier including a strong understanding of the competition
- Providing a strong supporting and coordination role in the tender process
- Providing a leadership role in winning and organizing selected key projects
- Coordinate and champion the integration with global CRM system “Avalon” and ensure regular and pro-active input from all team members.
- Ensure that Fugro policies and processes are understood, implemented and adhered too.
- Manage and supervise the preparation of Tender documents and ensure timely submission of proposal bids.
- Take a proactive role in production of marketing material in liaison with the relevant teams.
- Collaborate with the Asset Integrity Operations Manager to ensure a smooth transition from award to execution with a focus on clear bid philosophy and project risks
- Collaborate with the Operations Manager to balance resource capacity to meet forecast demand.
- Identify opportunities for cross selling of all Fugro services and assist in the development of plans to undertake these services.
- Provide support in resolution of contractual and commercial issues.
- Interpret financial, operational and commercial insights.
- Drive the business forward as much as the role allows to maintain positive cash flow and ensure profit margins are maintained
PROPOSAL DEVELOPMENT AND COMMERCIAL MANAGEMENT
- Prepare relevant Tender Documents in a timely manner focus on:
- Risk Assessment
- Cost Preparation
- Time Management
- Collating input on technical solutions and deliverables.
- Review scope and specifications and identify necessary technical leads.
- Provide provisional recommendations for achieving client objectives.
- Provide support on resolution of contractual and commercial issues.
- Interpret financial, operational and commercial insights.
- Ensure Safety issues and required parameters are included in contracts to ensure compliance at the time of project execution.
- Participate in contract required, technical or project related meetings, internally and externally.
- Conduct site visits in a pre-tender or post award stage.
QHSSE ACCOUNTABILITES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Ensure that Fugro policies and procedures are understood, implemented and adhered to by all employees.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Degree in either Business Management or relevant technical field
- Professional affiliations
- Minimum 10+ years of practical experience in similar role.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, committed and flexible with strong problem-solving skills.
- Commercial and Business acumen
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-national and multi-cultural work environment.
- Must be able to travel in the region and attend site when necessary.
ROLE SPECIFIC TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of Project Management Areas – project scope management, project time management, project cost management.
- Industry specific management knowledge – lifecycle management, product development methodologies.
- Able to solve critical problems that require major technological advances and extensive development.
- Consult extensively with a high degree of reliance placed on scientific interpretations and advice.
- Direct team members or individuals assisting on projects. Mentor performance excellence and adherence to quality standards.
Role specific Behavioral competencies required:
- Problem-solving/judgment: ability to work unsupervised and observe, think critically and to solve problems using data-analysis, interpretation, and reasoning skills.
- Teamwork: dedication and ability to work successfully with others in a team.
- Information & Communication: ability to receive information from, and convey information to others, in a timely and clear manner, using appropriate language, and communication tools.
- Client focus: ability to generate client satisfaction (internally and externally), potentially resulting in long term client relationships and additional business.
- Planning & organizing: able to set priorities and determine actions, time and resources (tools, software, people, and budget as appropriate.) to achieve pre-defined goals. Monitor and manage timely delivery, leading to reliability and client satisfaction.
A career at Fugro means challenging work in an international environment. You work in motivated teams with colleagues from all over the world. As Fugro we are proud to provide geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions to contribute to a live-able world. As a market leader in geo-information, Fugro offers a unique combination of state of the art 3D technology, software development and engineering for our clients. Fugro is an international company with a wide range of global career potential.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.