Directly reporting to the IT Lead, the Senior IT System Engineer delivers functional expertise, leadership, and support IT systems and solution for the region. This position is responsible for solutioning, implementing, supporting and maintaining all IT solutions/platforms in South-East Asia (S.E.A.), according to the regional strategic business goals of Fugro. This position is open for hire and placement either in Singapore or Malaysia.
Fugro has presence globally, hence this position transcends company boundaries, operating locally but often working with S.E.A., APAC regional and global counterparts to deliver global divisional solutions. While many deliverables to the business will take the form of projects, stakeholder relationships and business requirements are key to global IT success. This will require the Senior IT System Engineer to be able to design, develop and support the projects necessary to meet the needs of the business. The Senior IT System Engineer is responsible for the planning, execution, support and delivery of services to enable the success of the business.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Develop, Implement, Support and Maintain IT solutions, systems and operations
- Knowledge and experience in utilizing cloud services such as AWS and/or Microsoft Azure cloud
- Experience in developing solutions in alignment with business requirements
- Direct and/or Support project delivery to ensure services and projects are delivered in the agreed schedule
- Expected to work during off-peak hours on system activities and ability to respond to emergency situations promptly and be able to support after office hours / weekends when necessary
To successfully meet the remits of this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
- Degree in IT / Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years experience on managing/supporting enterprise application and infrastructure environment, spanning virtualization, data center, LAN/WAN technologies, storage and backup systems
- Experience administering Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange/Office 365, SharePoint, Intune, SCCM, DNS/DHCP, RDP/RDS, Citrix XenApp and VMware
- Understanding of cloud architectures and working experience in cloud and/or virtualized infrastructure of sizeable scale is preferred
- Full Project Management, and manage virtual team experience would be valuable
- Good working knowledge on security risk management, security governance framework and compliance, security technologies would be an added advantage
- Experience in working in a global/regional environment
- Experience in supporting vessels and knowledge of Vessels’ technologies, systems and/or SatComs will be an added advantage
- Must be able to use discretion in handling Fugro-confidential information
- Strong analytical, communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions, prioritize tasks, and communicate in a professional and timely manner in a team environment
- Strong analytical & functional design skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently and efficiently
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Cheerful and customer-orientated. Team player with leadership qualities
- Ability to manage project resources including non-direct reports, contractors and stakeholders across the regions
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Ownership and follow up skills
A career at Fugro means challenging work in an international environment. You work in motivated teams with colleagues from all over the world. As Fugro we are proud to provide geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions to contribute to a live-able world. As a market leader in geo-information, Fugro offers a unique combination of state of the art 3D technology, software development and engineering for our clients. Fugro is an international company with a wide range of global career potential.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.