The Construction Material Technician will perform field materials tests on construction materials. This individual will be responsible for sampling and testing concrete, soil and asphalt at various job sites.
- Performing inspections on steel reinforcing foundation excavations and earthworks
- Contacting the Dispatch/Project Manager daily for priorities and deadlines both in the field and laboratory
- Updating the Supervisor, Project Manager and Dispatch on progress and delays on every project
- Preparing accurate and complete field reports and turning them in daily
- Ensuring the safe utilization, storage, and maintenance of nuclear gauges, field equipment, and company vehicles
- Obtaining the necessary field technician certifications (ACI, NICET, TXDOT)
- Following safety guidelines and wearing appropriate safety equipment
- Performing other duties as assigned
- 18 years of age
- High school diploma graduate or equivalent
- Legally authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions
- 2+ years of experience of field material testing on construction materials preferred
- Construction and/or materials testing experience preferred, but will train motivated individuals (ACI, NICET, TXDOT certifications a Plus)
- Experience with concrete, soils, and asphalt testing is preferred
- Good communication (oral and written), mechanical and technical skills
- Basic math skills
- Must be punctual, professional, reliable and dependable
- Ability to move around 50+ lbs. on a daily basis
- Ability to climb ladders in a safe manner
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and varying hours when required
- Ability to work on out-of-town assignments for extended time periods
- Ability to work outside in varying weather conditions and temperatures and an office environment
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
As the world’s largest integrator of geotechnical, survey, subsea and geosciences services, we offer talented individuals almost unlimited growth potential.
Working at Fugro will offer you the potential to work with talented people on a global scale who contribute as a team to our corporate strategy. Additionally, you will have access to ongoing training and development which will sharpen your skills and broaden your knowledge and abilities.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or email@example.com.
EEO is the law poster
EEO is the law supplement poster