The Driller will be responsible for moving, set up and operation drilling rigs and related equipment to drill holes for geotechnical exploration test boring. Site investigation/geotechnical drilling is done to determine the soil characteristics on construction sites.
- Mobilization and demobilization of drill rig trucks for jobs as directed. (drilling equipment)?
- Daily field and yard operations of rig, i.e. handling drill pipe, mixing drill mud and use of other related equipment.
- Perform various techniques of drilling including auger drilling, mud rotary, air rotary, carbide bit coring, and diamond bit coring.
- Perform various types of soil and rock sampling including standard penetration test, Texas cone penetration, and Shelby tubes.
- Install groundwater monitoring well, piezometers, and inclinometers.
- Observe and follow all company safety rules and procedures.
- Program future field equipment and supply needs weekly, monthly, and quarterly
- Direct helper in drilling under various conditions and to obtain soil and rock samples; performs other duties as assigned.
- Direct and/or assist the Helper in performing general maintenance of the drilling rig and its associated equipment to ensure safe operational conditions.
- Meet all utilization goals as determined by Activity Center Manager or supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 or more years of related experience.
- Familiar with DOT and IFTA regulations.
- Able to travel extensively, both domestically and internationally.
- Good mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Able to meet physical parameters of Environmental (Type IV) physical.
- Possess or able to obtain valid passport.
- Experienced and knowledgeable with various types of drilling equipment and techniques.
- Good communication skills, including verbal, written and basic math skills.
- Possess a valid CDL driver's license, with an acceptable motor vehicle record
- Possess or able to obtain a valid TWIC card.
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
A career at Fugro means challenging work in an international environment. You work in motivated teams with colleagues from all over the world. As Fugro we are proud to provide geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions to contribute to a live-able world. As a market leader in geo-information, Fugro offers a unique combination of state of the art 3D technology, software development and engineering for our clients. Fugro is an international company with a wide range of global career potential.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO is the law poster
EEO is the law supplement poster