Associate professionals are registered engineers or geologists, typically with advanced professional certifications, who manage and conduct major projects and pursuits from a commercial and technical perspective using independent actions and responsible judgment. They supervise groups of staff or independent business units utilizing Fugro's project management procedures and guidelines.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage, direct and execute major projects from a commercial as well as technical perspective.
- Manage business units or sub-units as assigned.
- Typically the "Engineer or Geologist-of-record" on major projects
- Ensure that commitments to clients are met for budget, timeliness, and accuracy
- Play a lead role in business development, recruitment, and hiring.
- Assign duties to the project team, answer their questions, monitor their progress, and checks accuracy of completed work.
- Provide senior level review of proposals and reports.
- Make presentations to clients and staff.
- Mentor and train subordinate professionals.
- Personally supports and encourages support for continuous improvement of the company's processes, including but not limited to the Fugro Consultants, Inc., safety program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate Professionals supervise staff to senior-level professionals and technical staff including assigning duties, providing direction, monitoring performance, and checking accuracy of work. May be responsible for conducting annual performance appraisals, and coaching and disciplining employees.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science with at least 12 years of experience.
- Master of Arts or Science with at least 10 years of experience (preferred).
- Doctorate degree (Ph.D.) with at least 8 years of experience.
- Individual must possess an excellent understanding and knowledge of geotechnical engineering, geology, and related disciplines, and must possess an overall understanding of technical requirements and field data acquisition procedures. Must be proficient in the use of software for communication, project management, and technical analysis.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations.
- Driver's license with acceptable motor vehicle record
- Ability to procure a passport
- Registered/licensed engineer or geologist (or equivalent) required.
- Geotechnical engineering, engineering geologist, or hydrogeologist registration preferred.
- Employee must be able to work effectively with Fugro Consultants and sister company personnel, as well as with clients and vendors in coordinating client requirements with Fugro's capability to satisfactorily complete jobs.
- Available for domestic and international travel with possibly of extended field work assignments.
- Ability to drive safely in metropolitan and field environments.
- May be required to complete Offshore Survival Training.
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO is the law poster
EEO is the law supplement poster