Technical and Operations
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
The Master Mariner has responsibility for the safe and efficient operation and condition of all the USV’s designated to them for control/command and control/monitoring within their ROC/LOC or in LoS mode, the operations team reporting to them, ensuring compliance with the management, operating and technical procedures in the USV Management System. The USV Senior Operator has authority for the USV in the absence of the USV Master. They will support the wider team in maintenance and other operational tasks as required.
Who we are
Do you want to join our Geo-data revolution? Fugro’s global reach and unique know-how will put the world at your fingertips. Our love of exploration and technical expertise help us to provide our clients with invaluable insights. We source and make sense of the most relevant Geo-data for their needs, so they can design, build and operate their assets more safely, sustainably and efficiently. But we’re always looking for new talent to take the next step with us. For bright minds who enjoy meaningful work and want to push our pioneering spirit further. For individuals who can take the initiative, but work well within a team.
· Responsible for the day-to-day management of the USV’s to which they are designated
· Maintains a good relationship with operational teams within the ROC/LOC
· Responsible for the implementation of the procedures related to the safe and effective management and operations of the USV fleet
· Identifies and reports deficiencies within the management system
· Promote active HSE culture
· Always to comply with (inter)national legislation, flag state requirements, accepted industry standards, Company decrees and contracts
You bring (qualifications & experience)
· Bachelors Or equivalent based on knowledge and experience.
· Marine Master / Chief Office, plus STCW is essential
· 3 – 8 Working experience in a Maritime management environment
· 0 – 3 years Significant Management experience in a Marine environment
· Ability to board vessels, enter confined spaces with limited visibility and have the ability to climb up and down stairs and/or ladders of varying heights to complete the job or inspections.
· Physically and medically qualified to wear required personal protective equipment
· Must be able to work indoors and outdoors under all weather conditions. The position occasionally requires work in outside weather conditions, including rain and extreme heat, near moving mechanical parts and includes occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions and to vibration
What we offer
Fugro provides a positive work environment as well as projects that will satisfy the most curious minds. We also offer great opportunities to stretch and develop yourself. By giving you the freedom to grow faster, we think you’ll be able to do what you do best, better. Which should help us to find fresh ways to get to know the earth better. We encourage you to be yourself at Fugro. So bring your energy and enthusiasm, your keen eye and can-do attitude. But bring your questions and opinions too. Because to be the world’s leading Geo-data specialist, we need the strength in depth that comes from a diverse, driven team.
Our view on diversity, equity and inclusion
At Fugro, our people are our superpower. Their variety of viewpoints, experiences, knowledge and talents give us collective strength. Distinctive beliefs and diverse backgrounds are therefore welcome, but discrimination, harassment, inappropriate behaviour and unfair treatment are not. Everybody is to be well-supported and treated fairly. And everyone must be valued and have their voice heard. Crucially, we believe that getting this right brings a sense of belonging, of safety and acceptance, that makes us feel more connected to Fugro’s purpose ‘together create a safe and liveable world’ – and to each other.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated**.**